The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Boughtonville , OHIO

Most Recent Boughtonville Camping Reviews
Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Nice Hiking

Nice hiking , convenient location… nice for day trip or overnight

Very nice park

We called last minute and it was on a 1st come, we hit the road quick. Great Lake close to rafting on Mohican river. The lady across from site 188 was a bit crazy however manageable! She called us weekenders lol she was a permanent. Park is doing a ton of remolding looks to be mostly seasonal sites…we didn’t care.

Clean and great hiking

Findley state park is well maintained large park! We can easily get lost on 3 mile hikes in the woods and still be on marked paths! The roads are paved and excellent for biking and skating. About half the sites are for tent or dry camping. Half have electric and a few of those have full hookups. We have enjoyed the shade at our site this week and the space between us and our neighbors.

Shower houses are clean. Canoes and kayaks are available for renting. Many musicians set up camp and would jam out for some live evening music! Everyone was so nice at the campground. We enjoyed our stay.

Truly lovely campground with trails and lake and spacious sites.

We were just stopping over on our way from here to there. I’d love to come back for a longer stay.

Nice little site, easy to get to

I stayed here on a road trip and got in relatively late, around 8:30. Good signage to the camping sites, very easy to navigate. There’s a bathroom/shower house near the sites, as well as a fire ring at each individual site. Dirt in the campsites is packed super tight, it’s hard to drive tent stakes. However, it’s flat enough where it isn’t really an issue.

One of our favorite local campgrounds

We have been going to Pleasant Hill for weekend camping for the last 10 years. They have recently put a lot of money in upgrading their campground. There are many seasonal sites but plenty of transient as well. Very large park with plenty of room for hikes, bike rides and walks. The lake is an all sport lake so there is fishing, tubing, jet skis and kayaking. The marina has boat rentals available. And since it is in the Mohican area, there is more hiking and activities in the state forest. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. We have stayed mostly in area E and the new F side of the campground. The new F sites have concrete pads and plenty of space. Only lacking in mature trees to offer shade. The shower house there is new and clean, offers a laundry facility, but lacks ventilation. Area E has plenty of room and mature trees, but are electric only and the shower house is older. Both have easy access to the docks and lake. The new cabin area is amazing! There are two basketball courts on either side of the park and a few playgrounds. Overall great camping.

Awesome campground!

Truly enjoyed a long weekend exploring the trails and sitting by the lake. Well maintained. Great folks. Beautiful lots. We will be back!

Great state park campground!

We had a great time at Findley State Park Campground the past weekend! The camp staff was extremely friendly and made a great first impression. We reserved two sites (20 & 21) and both sites had plenty of space! I was amazed at how large each site was. Bathroom, water and dumpster was close by. Easy hiking and plenty of road to bike along. Felt very safe as the camp hosts and rangers drove by several times throughout the day. We can’t wait to go back!