Anna, OHIO

Most Recent Anna Camping Reviews
Kid friendly

My kids had a great time, the playground is very nice, there is a nice pool and a clean pond that is stocked with bluegills

John Bryan State Park Yellow Springs🌼

Absolutely beautiful trails from John Bryan State Park that connect to Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve. The Little Miami River runs through the park creating lots of little waterfalls along the way of the trails and a few bridges to oversee it all. The park has one mini cave that you may enter, it also offers camping, canoeing, fishing, and much more fun for you and the family! ⛺️ 🎣 🛶 🌼 Here is a link for more information http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/johnbryan The town itself is absolutely adorable, less than 10 minutes from the park is Young’s Dairy Farm be sure to stop in to feed the goats and get homemade ice cream and delicious food!

Very nice campground. Showers and bathrooms are nice. A stream that runs through the campground is nice for the kids to play in when it’s too hot for them on the play ground. They usually have a lot of activities for the weekends planned.

On the trail respite

You're learning to backpack the Buckeye Trail, and you want to know where and how you can camp along the trail. This primitive site is located a short hop (.17 mile) off the trail adjacent to Hipp's Lock, part of the old Miami-Erie Canal towpath.  There's space enough for perhaps two tents, with metal fire ring, and plenty of deadfall for that small survival TV fire. The pond is filled with wildlife, and the tree frogs and bull frogs will lull you to sleep. Another Boy Scout project that benefits the Buckeye Trail. You'll need to Leave-No-Trace, as it's a primitive site, but it's a welcome respite from the road walking of this section.

On the trail Adirondack shelter

You're learning to backpack the Buckeye Trail, and you want to take the first steps towards that without worrying about the physical load you're going to have to carry. You can drop the tent on this portion! This Adirondack shelter, located between Points 6 and 7 on the St. Mary's Section of the Buckeye Trail, is perfect for you. Built as an Eagle Scout project by Parker and Keaton Cole of Troop 95 (in Sidney), it is large enough for six or to sleep comfortably off the ground. You cannot miss it as you go along the trail. There is a fireplace (stone, make sure you check that the chimney is not blocked) large enough to cook your hotdogs and keep you happy as you sit in the shelter.  There is deadfall from the trees around you that will serve as kindling and fuel for the fire.  If you start in Lockington or Fort Loramie, this shelter is approximately 10 miles in and the right place to break a two-day backpacking trip.

Family campground

Lovely campground, clean and family friendly. You can not hear I-70. Nice pool and the campground has a creek running through it.

Filthy cabin

Cabin 701- We just returned home after a weekend of camping at Dayton KOA. Overall the programming and common facilities were nice. However once arriving we were very unhappy with the cleanliness of the cabin. The cabin smelled of rotten food as soon as we opened the door. There was rotten food in the fridge and in the sink. There was food, like popcorn which is very visible, on the table and window ledges. Nothing has been wiped down and there was dog hair all over the floors. I spent an hour cleaning the cabin with my limited supplies before I would even let my daughter in. In addition the plates and cups were filthy as well. This was our vacation so its disappointing to spend so much time cleaning just to get to enjoy ourselves. Its very apparent the cabin had not really been cleaned all year based off the amount of dirt stuck along the base boards and on the cabinets. I fully acknowledge that we were staying in a cabin and by no means except it to be spotless however for$240 a night I do except that the the rotten food be removed from fridge and sink and the surfaces be wiped down and the floor swept. Someone had came into the cabin since the last guest and changed linens so that was at least good. In addition the thermostates batteries were corroded and needed to be replaced which a maintenance person did bring us so we do appreciate that. In addition the door did not stay shut and after working on it I was able to resolve that issue. Growing up we always stayed at KOAs because they are known for their cleanliness. This is my first time at the Dayton KOA and I am disappointed in the cleanliness. I hope this email will help the management of this KOA step up their game and take care of their facilities.**Update- I received a blanket statement from corporate saying I'd have to work out my concerns with local KOA, Local KOA was contacted first and have never heard back from them.

Great spot

Very family friendly

Quiet place

Great place with lots of area for fishing, small boat access.

Nice little weekend getaway

Stayed 2 nights here. Had a back-in, water/electric spot that was roomy as we were on an end. Wood deck, picnic table, and fire ring included. Very well kept grounds, friendly staff, and all-around good atmosphere.