About Heritage Farms
No ADA Access
Heritage Farms is located in Ohio
5 Reviews of Heritage Farms
Lovely and quiet

When the campgrounds in the National Park were filled and I needed a place to land for the night, I ended up at Heritage Farms in a sunny shelter with a beautiful landscape of growing Christmas trees and gorgeous sunset. The shelter was clean, had a picnic table, and trash can. Porta johns were available, though not very close. It was a bit more expensive than many campgrounds at $35 per night but I was so happy and comfortable there that I thought it was worth it.

Super cute Christmas tree farm!

I loved staying at this farm! It is in the cuyahoga valley national park, so it is in a very central area if you want to explore! The views from the camp spots are incredible. We stayed in a lean to and it was so much fun! The bathroom was a Port o potty but it was very well maintained and clean.

Nice location and amenities

Sites are spread apart nicely. Each one has a picnic table and fire ring. Grassy spots that are fairly level and mowed. Came with firewood and a little kindling too. Trash can with lid provided (didn't find a suitable tree to hang our food, so we stashed it in the can overnight).

The well-maintained porta-potties near the maim building make this a great option for those who aren't into fully roughing it. There's also wash-water available (no drinking water though). Thought the price was high at first, but would definitely take my family here given the amenities.

From the Towpath Trail, there's a connection at Canal St, which is a little easier than using the actual trail-head a little north of there.

excellent

i pulled in around 6:30 looking for a tent site for one night mid week, there was no one else staying at the campground.

they only have tent sites- I was looking for a spot that allowed a close car- i did not want to hike my gear. I was given a leantoto with close car access-

amazing views & abundant wild life

quiet.

no drinking water on site- but there is wash up water & very clean porta potties

I would stay there again

Great for cyclists along the Towpath in Cuyahoga National Park

Located about ½ mile off the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath, this campground is a part of a 5th generation working farm.  Both standard campsites and shelters are available and are scattered among a working Christmas Tree farm.   A very sweet couple owns the place and runs the campground, George & Carol Haramis.

Each site is situated on grass, has a picnic table, and fire ring (firewood is supplied with your campsite fee).  Both pit toilets and water are available to campers as well. Some are shaded and other sites have quite a bit of sun.  The shelters are robustly constructed, but don’t have much cross ventilation as they are only open to the front, so are quite hot in the heat of the summer, and provide no barrier to insects.  No electricity is available. Come prepared to hang your food (not for bears, but for mice).

They prefer reservations, but happily accommodated our reservation-less lifestyle as it was early in the season.  Our shelter site was just next to the gravel parking area and overlooked the farm as well as had a great view of the sunset.  Unfortunately, you can hear the highway from the campground, despite the fact that it is located a good distance away. It didn’t bother us at night, but we definitely heard it first thing in the morning.

Just down the road in the village of Peninsula, OH (and right next to the towpath) are Century Cycles (super helpful bike shop!!) and the Winking Lizard Tavern (fun restaurant/bar). After a long day of cycling, we enjoyed an adult beverage and some dessert after making dinner in the campground.

More info here:  https://centurycycles.com/articles/camping-along-the-towpath-trail-pg1342.htm