Lorain, OHIO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lorain Camping Reviews
Lake Erie gem

One of the premier state parks in the state of Ohio, on the shores of Lake Erie. Plenty of things for the kids, and fishing, boating, and hiking here. It can get busy in the summer but well worth the trip, make reservation for the weekends in the summer and enjoy what the area has to offer.

Beautiful place (off season)

Beautiful place, well kept, lots of sites overlooking the lake and a lot of shade. The island is pretty well known as a party island so we generally only camp here off-season now. There is a lot to see and explore like the caves, the monument in the world famous bars. The entire island is pretty rowdy during the summer so plan accordingly. We usually do kelleys island in the summer and Put-in-Bay in the offseason if we're headed this way. Wifey says the bathrooms were below average (most important for her).

Favorite Park!!!

Been going here my entire life. Amazing small town feel with cute shops, family activities, world's largest glacier groves, shallow beach and fun history. The park is always clean and we'll kept. A lot of shaded sites and waterfront sites that are right on the water. No city lights and being in the middle of the lake means lots of stars, the sounds of water and being so dark you can barely see. Awesome place to explore. Wifey says the bathrooms were above average (most important for her). HIGHLY recommend going at least once.

Average...

Beautiful, large state park. Unfortunately the entire beach is literally gone due to lake Erie being roughly 3 feet high (usually a massive beach). The campsites are average size but the park is very clean and family friendly. Being a higher traffic park, a lot of sites had mud with straw from the grass not being able to grow where your camper door is. When booking make sure you check pictures or Google maps. A lot of sites have zero shade and are basically in a large field. We prefer shade and the more private sites. Wifey says the bathrooms were above average (most important for her).

Lovely and quiet

When the campgrounds in the National Park were filled and I needed a place to land for the night, I ended up at Heritage Farms in a sunny shelter with a beautiful landscape of growing Christmas trees and gorgeous sunset. The shelter was clean, had a picnic table, and trash can. Porta johns were available, though not very close. It was a bit more expensive than many campgrounds at $35 per night but I was so happy and comfortable there that I thought it was worth it.

Nice spot overall

The site sits up on a ridge overlooking the scenic railroad. Not extremely private. You can see a parking lot and hikers walking by at the bottom. Being higher up on the ridge helped make it feel a bit more secluded. There’s a big container fire chamber, bathrooms and water down at the bottom. Overall we really enjoyed, would be back.

Good

Many level pull through sites. We were just passing through so the ability to not have to unhook was important to us. Showers and bathrooms are very clean and up-to-date. At $40, it was about $5 more than we are used to paying as we travel full time. Particularly since amenities like the pool are unusable due to weather. Very friendly and efficient check in.

Primitive Camping

I arrived here hoping a primitive site was still available and indeed two were! They allowed me to walk in and decide the site that I'd like. I was only there for the night, but enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendliness of the employees!

Primitive Camping

Super cute Christmas tree farm!

I loved staying at this farm! It is in the cuyahoga valley national park, so it is in a very central area if you want to explore! The views from the camp spots are incredible. We stayed in a lean to and it was so much fun! The bathroom was a Port o potty but it was very well maintained and clean.