Yurts
About Maumee Bay State Park
Maumee Bay State Park is located in Ohio
15 Reviews of Maumee Bay State Park
Amazing!!!

The most well kept, private, beautiful campground I've been to so far. I've been a camper my whole life but a year ago the wife and I purchased a new camper with the goal of seeing a new campground each time we camped. This campground was recommended by a co-worker for how private each site is. We were truly amazed at the park, the HUGE beach on lake Erie, the inland Beach, the 2-mile boardwalk through the wetlands, the Big Hill, and the nature center. Highly recommend. Wifey says the bathrooms were Excellent (most important for her).

Great campground right off Lake Erie

We've stayed at Maumee Bay state campground a few times now and continue to go back because of how easy the stay is. Last minute plans are easy here! The sites are well maintained and a camp store is available for anything you might have forgot. Bundles of wood and bikes to rent as well. Shrubs and trees provide enough privacy from neighbors next door and there is enough room on each site for a few tents. Well maintained bathrooms and showers are available. They even have coffee and donuts every Saturday and Sunday for a small fee. Biking and hiking trails that wrap around the camp and over to the beach and lakefront. I can securely camp here without fearing getting poison ivy!

Very nice campground

This campground is now become one of my favorites. There is not a bad site. Site are large and private. The made them with large hedges and trees for privacy. Bathrooms and showers were very clean. There are plenty of hired help and volunteers to keep this campground clean. The waste station provides hoses to dump to help speed up the final stop before you leave. Highly recommend this park.

Beautiful, clean, a great stop over!

Stopped here for a brief overnight in my tent on a cross country trip. The office was open after 8pm, which was great! The landscape is beautiful, lots of smooth roads around the park for sunset bike rides, bass ponds, etc. One drawback is the sites are small and close together. Me and my neighbors could easily hear each other’s conversations. Bathrooms are clean and centralized. Felt great to have a hot shower!

Nice campground, close to home.

Close enough to home that our family can join throughout the day. Some sites are a little small but very well kept.

Large sites. Very flat.

It’s a wide open widely spaced campground. We go there every May for birding. There’s a lodge there, too, and large cabins. Bathrooms are nice.

A bit marshy

We stayed there in early May, we didn’t have reservations so they had three sites open. We took the driest spot we could find. The ground was soft and marshy. Other than that is was a nice place. Restrooms were great and they had nice showers. I would stay again but will make reservations as those sites were drier area of the camp ground

The best Ohio has to over!

By far my favorite state park. Sites are large and private. Bathrooms are always clean pathways are kept up and make for a great mid day or early morning stroll. This is Ohio's gem!

Pleasant

Well kept, quiet and fun. Bike rental was easy and did not cost too much. We had a tent site and the yurt site. Water was cold due to it being early June as expected.

great camping

One of my favorite things about this campground is that your spots are close together which is great for safety, however with the bushes and brush, it feels super private. My grandparents were in the site next to me in their camper and I had to walk a ways to see their spot. It is also an amazing place to ride bikes, everything is flat and there are also plenty of bike paths. You are also close to the lake which I love. My only tip would be to bring plenty of bug spray in the summer, there are lots of bugs that come off the lake. Also make sure you bring jackets and blankets, even in the summer it can get pretty cool in the evening.