Yurts
About Maumee Bay State Park
Maumee Bay State Park is located in Ohio
12 Reviews of Maumee Bay State Park
Beautiful, clean, a great stop over!

Stopped here for a brief overnight in my tent on a cross country trip. The office was open after 8pm, which was great! The landscape is beautiful, lots of smooth roads around the park for sunset bike rides, bass ponds, etc. One drawback is the sites are small and close together. Me and my neighbors could easily hear each other’s conversations. Bathrooms are clean and centralized. Felt great to have a hot shower!

Nice campground, close to home.

Close enough to home that our family can join throughout the day. Some sites are a little small but very well kept.

Large sites. Very flat.

It’s a wide open widely spaced campground. We go there every May for birding. There’s a lodge there, too, and large cabins. Bathrooms are nice.

A bit marshy

We stayed there in early May, we didn’t have reservations so they had three sites open. We took the driest spot we could find. The ground was soft and marshy. Other than that is was a nice place. Restrooms were great and they had nice showers. I would stay again but will make reservations as those sites were drier area of the camp ground

The best Ohio has to over!

By far my favorite state park. Sites are large and private. Bathrooms are always clean pathways are kept up and make for a great mid day or early morning stroll. This is Ohio's gem!

Pleasant

Well kept, quiet and fun. Bike rental was easy and did not cost too much. We had a tent site and the yurt site. Water was cold due to it being early June as expected.

great camping

One of my favorite things about this campground is that your spots are close together which is great for safety, however with the bushes and brush, it feels super private. My grandparents were in the site next to me in their camper and I had to walk a ways to see their spot. It is also an amazing place to ride bikes, everything is flat and there are also plenty of bike paths. You are also close to the lake which I love. My only tip would be to bring plenty of bug spray in the summer, there are lots of bugs that come off the lake. Also make sure you bring jackets and blankets, even in the summer it can get pretty cool in the evening.

Birding Festival

. We came up from North Carolina to attend the Magee Marsh Birding Festival. At first we had only 2 nights reserved at Maumee, but we were able to extend it to 5, even with the park being almost full.

Considering the location, just a few miles from Toledo, this is a really nice park and campground. The sites are mostly separated from each other by small trees and bushes. The staff was very courteous and organized. The park is often very crowded during the tourist season, so make a reservation. Lake Erie has algae problem so don't plan to swim.

Campground is great

I've been camping here for years! Some of the sites are smaller. You can find some with great shade. All the trails are cool with smaller lakes and of course Lake Erie. You can walk to the lodge and boardwalk. Beaches nature center. Overall a pretty good park

Lovely swamp (not sarcasm!)

This on a bay on the very western side of Lake Erie among a wildlife refuge and wilderness area. I came for the birding and wasn’t disappointed. Parts of this park are very built up as a resort feel but the nature center, shore swimming, and wilderness is still very nice. Unfortunately they allow hunting and trapping, it was disturbing. The campsites are pretty crowded but still ok. There’s a yurt and cabins too.