Chillicothe, OHIO

Camping Ohio Chillicothe

Most Recent Chillicothe Camping Reviews
Big fan

Love this forest both for its day hikes and backpacking trails. This would be a great place for a first time backpacking trip. The trails are well maintained and marked. Lots of cool history in this area too.

Cute camp!

I study wildlife conservation and my professor has flying squirrel boxes here that we check every winter. A couple cute cabins that I believe are run by the Girl Scouts. Short trail in a residential area but definitely pretty!

Peaceful

I’ve gone to several festivals here. Such an amazing community and fun place to gather.

Sweet spot

Some amazing rock out cropping and views up here. There are several boulder routes and a cool rock shelter!

A nice place for a walk

No camping here! However the trails are nice for biking, hiking, or trail running

Love this place

I camp here every year during the Annual Pawpaw festival in mid September. Such a blast.

State Forest Camping

Beautiful, secluded group camping. Shelter and pit bathrooms. Wide open space for lots of campers. Nice access to trails.

Family Friendly

A great family getaway. Lots of camp sights, convenient playgrounds, putt putt, nature center, trails and climbing area. Bathrooms were standard & bring shower shoes. Otherwise fantastic.

Beautiful weekend

Site 45 This is our 3rd visit this year but at a different site. The camper pad was very level and the site was huge. It had a great view of the lake. I’m not so sure you’d be able to see it once the leaves are back this spring. The campfire ring was beat up and missing the grill. We were camping with fiends so we were able to use theirs. Normally the vault toilets are really clean but it looked like they hadn’t been touched since we were there in January and February - the reason for only 3 stars. I don’t mind the vault toilets but not when the first one you visit has no toilet paper and the seat was disgusting. The other toilet was fine, but ran out of toilet paper. Always pack extra! We will go back - just need to get in touch with them regarding the toilets.

All alone... again!

A cold but sunny weekend in February at site #32. No other campers there for the weekend, but a lot of foot traffic. We stayed at site #31 in January and my husband thought this site was more level than #31. This site is big and spacious and backs up to trees. Only electric and vault toilets are available in the winter. You might scrunch your nose about the vault toilet, but they were kept very clean. The trash bin still had trash that was there from January. I didn't look at the others, but I'm guessing they don't dump them often to keep locals from dumping into them. You register on your own in the winter and it's walk-ins only at this time. Great little campground to visit if you don't need a lot of amenities.