Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 70 ft.
Wilmington KOA is located in North Carolina
11 Reviews of Wilmington KOA
Great first KOA experience

Everything was clean, staff courteous, and check-in process was easy (after hours). Not a single complaint.

Great feel for an urban campground

My family and I stayed here for a week in November. My wife worked from the road while I taught school. The WiFi was strong and the employees were helpful and informative. The laundry was acceptable but expensive. I liked that we were able to have family dinners and experiences while still staying socially distant. Our site was a pull thru which was great.

We would definitely stay there again if visiting Wilmington.

Close to the Beach and the City

We camped here when we went to Wilmington for a 5k. We stayed here for just one night and had a good time. The campsites are close. The camp store had everything you needed in case you forgot something. It is in a high trafficked area so don't look for peace and quiet. The playground was awesome and included a cool wooden pirate ship. The grandkids loved it! It was a nice place to stay for the night. The staff were friendly and helpful

Great Urban Setting

Sites were open and level. All roads were One Ways which was nice for flow. WiFi was strong and reliable, actually quite surprisingly nice). Firewood was a bit expensive.

Laundry was acceptable but not impressive. Playground was nice with many apparatus but the ground was all sand (not my favorite).

We were close to groceries and many amenities. I only wish were were closer to the beach but that’s not their fault. We would definitely stay here again.

Amazing staff & campground!

Being a travel nurse, I go through many campgrounds however this has by far been my favorite. The little things like the laundry being 24/7 to the staff who truly made the campground amazing are things that I’ll remember and am very thankful for! The staff were spectacular and very helpful/friendly!

Near the beach.

Wilmington  Koa is a nice campground with full hookups and all the "stuff" for the family to enjoy. It has a large pool, but no kiddie pool. They are working on the bathhouses so its a work in progress. Even so they are nice. The showers are very small, but useable. The location is near just about everything. The main road turning into the place can be jammed with traffic at times. The state has been building a bypass for the past 10 years and its still not finished. The camp spots are very spacious and the hookups are easy to get to. The workers are always friendly and willing to help. They have a nice dog park. We have stayed there numerous times and always have a good time.

Nice spot with warm pool

The KOA was kept up to good KOA standards. The pool was big and warm, easy for swimming while maintaining social distancing. One of our favorite parts was that you could walk a short path to a delightful coffee shop with great food and drinks and nice outdoor seating. Our girls also enjoyed the smooth roads for skateboarding. Because of Covid, many of the fun features were closed (playground, Gaga pit, jump pad).

An Oasis slid behind a busy part of town

A campground that you quickly feel at home.  Level spacious sites, most with a good shade tree, allows for a quick set up.  To find the campground you have to pay attention and this is both a blessing and a challenge.  The campground is convenient to downtown Wilmington and a short drive to Wrightsville Beach.  Plenty of shopping and other entertainment nearby if the weather doesn't cooperate. The park is clean the showers are hot and the pressure is good.

Nice campground they had arts and crafts and the kids enjoyed train ride

Well organized and clean and surprisingly quiet

We loved it here, it was right off a main road but quiet. The deluxe tent sites were very nice with a covered sitting area and soft pads for our tent. The sites were well spaced as well. Bathrooms were very clean and a short walk and the facilities here were useful. We did a day trip to the beach which was a short ride and into downtown Wilmingon which was also a short ride. Restaurants across the street were fun with pool tables and darts. Would stay again.