Camping in Gregory Forks

28 Reviews of 7 Gregory Forks, North Carolina Campgrounds

YThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great campground

Called ahead and found a spot!

YThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Nice family campground

Campground is a nice place for families. Its quiet and easy access to beach. Owners are very nice and accommodating.

Lewis M.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Nice place but $$$$$$$$

Very nice place,well keep,nice paved streets,nice boat ramps,nice piers,nice laundry room, good cell service. WiFi available for $$$ more,cable đź‘Žđź‘Žđź‘Ž Wanted to stay for a month but only had 21 days opening. $1800 đź‘Ž

• nice cool shade trees,salt water lake,
SiteP3
Ashley B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Spot & Friendly Staff

We spent 11 months at this campground when we needed to live on the coast. It fit our needs as it was safe and reasonably priced for the amenities included (water, sewage, electric, internet, and cable). The campground is well kept as the owner takes pride in his establishment.

We lived here…

Site422c
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Excellent family campround

This campground is ON THE BEACH! Just a short walk over the dune and you will be at the water. Camped many times with a pop-up. I use the water and electric hook-ups. The restrooms/showers are decent. The people running the place are great!

A
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Camping at Cliffs of Neuse

Nice newly renovated shower house . Nice visitors center. Several easy trails. Helpful staff. Firewood available. Love the tall trees, the river, the swim area.

Month of VisitMarch
Julie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Really nice KOA in a VERY pretty town.

New Bern is a really wonderful little town on the coast of NC and this KOA is close to all the action. I really enjoyed our stay and the local town. We stayed in a camping cabin that overlooked the little pond area. The bathrooms were nice and clean and cabins were nicely appointed.

SiteCamping Cabin
K
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2021

Great visit

Started the year out on some trails. Had the place almost to myself except for the campers. Very well maintained. River is up, so some areas are flooded but still able to get a few miles in today!

J
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

Beautiful campground

This was a very nice, well maintained campground. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. We stayed from Aug 11-14, 2020. The pool was nice on a hot humid day. They have gem mining. You buy the bags of dirt in the camp store. The bathhouses are all very new due to a recent hurricane and they…

Sara O.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2020

One of our favorites

Very family friendly, pool, nice clean sites, cabins, clean shower rooms, tons of activities for the kids and the staff are amazing!

Aninha A.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2020

I love this

Perfect place

Troy K.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2020

Great place

The owners are very nice and very helpful we campground was well in a good location right next to the beach literally walk 20 yards to go to the beach would definitely recommend

Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2020

Cliffs above the Neuse River is the biggest draw for campers here.

I have camped in this state park several times, including with the Boy Scouts. Other than the park itself, I really enjoyed the camaraderie when our Scout troop and another Scout troop that was camping were playing“Capture the Flag.” I say all of this because it is a great place for group camping.…

• This is the "350 yard trail," which leads down to the Neuse River.
  • These are the cliffs that rise 90 feet above the Neuse River.
  • The Galax Trail is often impassable because of the flooding from the river.
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2019

Great Campground Close to Historic New Bern and Tryon Palace

I think this is only the third time I have stayed at a cabin at a campground, and it was all right but I like tent camping better. Because of the intense heat and health concerns, we chose to stay in a cabin here. I wish I had taken more pictures of the campground, but my buddy(seen in the photos)…

• This is the fishing pier located at the campground.
  • We were able to cook on the grill at the cabin where we stayed.  The cabin was large enough for the four of us, and had AIR CONDITIONING!!!!  Normally, I would opt to stay in a tent, but in eastern NC, it is HOT during July.
  • Looking across the Neuse River from the campground
Michael M.
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2019

Great campground on the water

My wife and I spent a few days here while searching the area for potential retirement location. It's also a seasonal campground. Bathrooms were spotless, beautiful pool and a nice little waterslide for the kids. Our site was right on water with a great view of the sunset. The barrier Island's are…