The best DRIVE IN camping near
Goldston , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Goldston Camping Reviews
Great

Great place to stay interstate is close but not to bad berry clean and friendly staff

Nice

It’s a nice place. Not my favorite in NE, but it’s still a pretty area.

Remote Grandure

I loved the place. Really remote and FREE. Lots of spots on Botha sides of the road. Not for bigger rigs. I’ve got a 13 foot pull behind. Backed in mostly but a few could be pulled in an out. Road posted 25 mph but recommend 10 mph. Was also narrow in spots. Very bumpy. Last 1/2 mile don’t go. Steep rocky Muddy. Photos show. Fire rings were rocks. No water all primitive. Will go back when warmer. Lots of trails and wildlife. Stayed in 2 different spots.

Remote at its best

Stayed one night. 10 with America Beautiful pass, 20 without. Great area with 22 parking areas. Right on the lake. Water, toilets and shower ( water off probably too cold). Great views with peace and quiet. 3 day pay for drive ins, reservations take precedence but if open can stay longer. Really liked it, will make reservations for warmer weather though

Very nice!

Site was level and well maintained. Back the trailer in and hook ups were ready and available. Beautiful area with really nice views of the lake.

Family Friendly

I absolutly love this campground. Everyone that works here has always been super helpful and friendly. My kids love the swimming areas and playgrounds too.

Good for Daily

Came here because I couldn’t get to my original spot before dark. Good views and lake area. Has beach for swimming and fishing too. Didn’t see any toilets. Had pick nick tables and trash cans. Lots of parking, gate closes at sunset or 830 pm. Ever which comes first with no camping signs. Spent the night in boat ramp lot. Safety ? Had a high speed police chase at about 1pm on road beside it.

Overnight only.

As previously mentioned, serves it's purpose for an overnight. Right off the highway, and by that I mean you see, and HEAR the traffic. The billboard in front of the trailer is an interesting touch. Nothing ear plugs and a long day can't fix. Very nice staff.

Good Park, Large Sites

We enjoyed our mid-July trip here. There are so many loops and roads within this park, we had a blast on our bikes. We were in site G41 and loved the private feel of the site. We had trees and shrubs on 3 sides. This is a huge campground. The only downside is that they literally lock you in at night. You cannot attend an event or concert that runs late….because YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT….LOL.

I guess I didn’t take any photos of this trip…not sure why.

Stayed One Night Driving Through

We stayed here for a quick one night while driving through. It was conveniently located off the interstate and quiet. We were able to hookup 50amp electrical and water is shared with your neighbor which was fine for the brief stay. Nice for the price.