the dyrt
KoA
Cape Hatteras KOA is located in North Carolina
4 Reviews of Cape Hatteras KOA
Great KOA!

Love Hatteras KOA. We stayed here for over 15 years in tents, then eventually worked our way up to the cabins. Now that we are RV owners we are able to stay here in our own camper. Good thing because the nightly prices for cabins became WAY overpriced. The RV sites are getting pricey as well. The proximity to the beach is great. There are no roads to cross so the campground is oceanfront. The pool is really nice and my wife and I feel comfortable with the kids riding their bikes all over the facility. There is a cafe onsite serving breakfast and lunch (dinner too I think). Although I typically use my mobile hot spot, Wifi is available. To top it all off Cape Hatteras National Seashore is one of the most beautiful places in the US. I would give 5 stars if it wasn’t so expensive.

Right on the beach

Stayed 3 nights at the Cape Hatteras KOA in July. Short walk to the beach, and convenient drive to all things on the island. Several shower buildings, laundry, play area and large pool. Internet was spotty.

Unimpressive

If this campground was anywhere other than the outter banks i probably wouldnt go back, with that being said the the campground clubhouse was really nice as well as the pool i just wasnt impressed with the rest of the grounds.

A gem of a campground in the Outer Banks

We have stayed in all types of RV Parks from local municipal parks to Fort Wilderness in Orlando, Florida. We have stayed at the Cape Hatteras KOA for the past 10-years.

The Cape Hatteras KOA consistency ranks near the top as one of the nicest parks.One of the biggest draws for us is the friendly and helpful staff who ALWAYS have time to answer a question, offer advice or just to say hello.

The sites are definitely wide and deep enough for the biggest and baddest of rigs. We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and the place was packed…but somehow the facilities did not look like they had been through World War-3