Camping in Germantown

6 Reviews of 1 Germantown, North Carolina Campgrounds

B
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great beach access!

Lots are a little tight but the location to the beach makes it worth it. Not every site has a picnic table and fire pit so you have to find those for your site before they are taken. I really enjoyed seeing the horses.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Hidden Gem

One of my favorites campsites! I have stayed twice, once in peak season, and once in off season. Hidden gem on the journey into the outer banks. Beautiful views, beach access, horses, ferry to Ocracoke, restaurant/bar, and VERY reasonably priced.

Month of VisitMarch
Briggs B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2020

Convenient place to stay

This campground is very quiet, but close to the ferry and great food. Power and water are convenient on the sites and dump station is accessible on the way out. Baybreeze has great food across the street and the ferry is right next door.

Sara O.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2020

Spur of the moment camping trip

We decided to go camping early one morning and we wanted to stay near the beach. We enjoyed our one night stay. Restrooms/showers need to be updated. There aren’t many shaded sites but again you are camping almost on a beach! We will be back!

Rives M.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2020

Never got to stay

Had reservations there. Needed to cancel since ferry is shutting down and don’t need to be in the path of a hurricane in a 20 ft trailer. Too bad. Keeping your deposit. I get that they can’t control the weather. Neither can I. Not like I canceled because it might rain a little. Not the way to treat…

C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2018

End of the county campground, being improved, secluded

This is a place nice to stay- if you want quiet. You can fish in the Pamlico sound, take the ferry to ocroake, rent their horses to ride or boats. Need extra long sewer, water and power cords. Utilities are not in a convenient location. Very sandy location. Coins to keep the camper clean