Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 45 ft.
Windmill State Rec Area is located in Nebraska
8 Reviews of Windmill State Rec Area
It's a nice park or stop over but not great

This is a nice park, but not the best park. It is fairly clean, and offers some nice amenities. Such as fishing in 3 lakes or ponds, canoeing, kayaking, and there is also a swimming area. I would rank this one just below Mormon island but slightly above fort Kearney. I will mention we just stopped by here for a brief time over Labor day weekend. However I would not have a problem with camping at this park.

It's a nice park or stop over but not great

State park

Fishing and swimming.

Works in a pinch

Eh we needed somewhere to stop and this was on the way and they let your register after hours. We showed up on at 1am and were able to find a walk up spot. Lots of the reservable spots were open but not sure if we could park there if they were unoccupied at than point. $33 for one night including the out of state fee. Bathrooms and showers seems clean-ish but they were pretty old. Freeway sounds were quite loud. Not exactly a peaceful destination but still much better than a parking lot.

Good overnight

Several good fishing ponds, my favorite is back on the service road.

Nice peaceful place

Enjoyed my stay here

clean park

clean park, spots are super close. swimming lake was clean and well kept, just a really super hot weekend. most people opted to buy baby pools and keep close to camp site -which a fantastic idea by the way!

Decent campground but not my favorite

Did a quick overnight visit here driving through Nebraska. It was a little too close to the interstate for my taste and it could have been a little cleaner, but overall was a nice enough campground and conveniently located. I'd stay there again under similar circumstances but probably not as a getaway location.