About Fisherman's Point
Fisherman's Point is located in Minnesota
-92.1907 W
6 Reviews of Fisherman's Point
Beautiful campground

I’ve been coming to Fishermans point for years! It’s kid friendly, lost of lake sites, playgrounds, and atv friendly!! Onsite dump station and fresh water fill up!

Oasis

Great campground! Owners are super great and helpful, beautiful campsite and nice paved path for biking!!! Great for the family

Grew up camping here. Its beautiful with water and trees everywhere. Pet friendly, close to town, clean showers, friendly staff. The only bad thing is no water hook ups.

I'd do it again.
  • Location: Not too far and not too close from the twin cities. Easily accessible and not hard to find.
  • Campsite: Large with partial shade. Made for an RV, but perfect for a tent or two. Private trail from campsite to the lake. Site located on a small peninsula.
  • Privacy: Semi secluded. Bushes and trees covered the only other site to the right and the road. Saw only a handful of people if even during our 2 night stay.
  • Main hiking trail was paved. Lake was clean and clear. No mosquitoes and ticks (at least not on us and pup)
  • Stargazing was amazazing! Up all night watching shooting stars and debating whether we saw weather balloons or UFOs.
I'd do it again.
Ranger Review: GRAND TRUNK PARASHEET BEACH BLANKET at Fisherman’s Point Campground Hoyt Lakes, MN

Campground Review:

****This campground is located on beautiful Whitewater Lake in Hoyt Lakes, MN. The fall colors are absolutely gorgeous right now, and my pictures don’t even come close to doing them justice!! We have lived just 5 miles down the road from this campground for over 20 years, and regret not camping here sooner!! This campground is very family and pet friendly with so many activities to choose from. We spent the bulk of our time hiking the paved trails, and fishing the lake. You can reserve a spot online at http://www.fishermanspointmn.com/ , or it’s a first come first served campground. There were plenty of spots available when we camped there, but recommend reserving during the busy summer months.

There are 93 spacious and wooded sites divided into separate loops. If you are driving a bigger RV or 5th Wheel some corners can be tight, but they are currently upgrading and widening the traffic areas. Some of the campsites are right on the waterfront which was nice for mooring our boat close to us. They have some 50/30/20 amp spots, but none of the spots are a full hook up with dump capabilities. The campground hosts were super friendly and the showerhouses/restrooms were super clean and smelled freshJ There is no bringing in outside wood for campfires, but they have a nice little general store where you can purchase bundles. Each spot comes with a nice picnic table and a fire ring. One of the things we liked most is the shelters and grill pits they have right on the lakeshore. They have 2 separate boat ramp areas so there is no congestion or waiting in line to get in the water, and the fish cleaning house is just a few steps off the boat ramp. Quiet hours are from 11:00pm to 7:00am, but we noticed there is no enforcement of that rule, hence the 4 Star rating.

……………………………………………

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the privilege of receiving products to test from time to time. I tested the PARASHEET Beach Blanket from Grand Trunk. https://www.grandtrunk.com/collections/goods-for-the-campsite/products/parasheet-beach-blanket-new-colors Navigating their website is easy and very user friendly!! The thing I appreciated the most is that they are in constant contact with you from the minute you place the order to when it arrives on your doorstep. The shipping time is super speedy from this company!! All items were packed well, and they included a free can cozy and decal sticker (it went on our 5th Wheel!!)

When I took Parasheet, my first thought was that I would not have used the word blanket in the description, it is so much more!! (on their website they use the sentence “The Best Beach Blanket Ever.” With that being said, the parachute nylon fabric is very lightweight, but super durable. This sheet is a packing/carrying dream!! They have a nice variety of colors available, and I ordered the Parasheet in the color Berry Bronzed. The contrast between the deep blue/tan colors is absolutely stunning!! The one feature I liked right away is that the sheet has it’s own drawcorded carrying/storage bag for easy packing and storing. We had a chance to take the sheet out on a windy day, and the sand pockets helped keep it in place while we staked it down. There are an endless amount of uses for this sheet while camping, and at home too!! (my son of course tested and gave a “thumbs up” on the Superman cape tryout lol) The parasheet stood up very well on different types of terrain (we tested sand, gravel rock, and pine needles) Overall, I think the Grand Trunk Parasheet is well priced at $39.99, and would recommend it to all!!

Year 2021 Flag