Camping in Smyrna

24 Reviews of 5 Smyrna, Michigan Campgrounds

Jason H.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Adventure abound

The campground and facilities are a little run down. Lake was very weedy, they haven't had rain in quite a while so lake was not in great shape. Staff could be more friendly. The gypsy moth caterpillars were everywhere.

Beach campground

I love camping right next to the beach. The have a good amount of showers they are all private. The only downfall for me is the sites are very very close together. Other than that, you are right by all the action. You can sit in the sand and watch boats come through the channel. You can lay out on…

Beach campground

Great stay

This is my 4th year at this campground. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They pick up your trash right from the front of your sight and deliver fire wood right to the fire pit. The pool and hot tub are always very clean. They have a lovely view here of the river. They have two bath houses…

Nora M.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Amazing

The cabins are clean and nice, the view of the lake is beautiful. My 6 children had a great time here

Sitecabin
Sallie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

LOVED IT!

This was our first trip on this side of the lake and we absolutely loved it! We stayed at the State Park campground. We we're on the pier side and it was amazing watching the water toys and people watch. Very close walk to town and the fountain water light show, nice bike path and clean bathrooms.…

Cory B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Wonderful campground

I had a great time here. They have trails and water and they have showers and even a hot tub.

Sitei dont remember
sarah G.
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2021

Family friendly and fun

Super nice and relatively cheap campground with so many things to do! Love the back woods with trails for bike riding or a quick walk. :)

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

Perfect

Super nice staff. Great views. Great pool. Biking distance to town.

Joie V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2020

Beach access

If you want beach than this is your campground. No dirt as this is a parking lot. Spaces are very small. No fire pit, you need to bring a portable one. Hope you get good neighbors! Still it is fun to be on the beach but all and all not my kind of camping.

L
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2020

Never again

I can't tell you how much we disliked this campground. We were placed next to their permanent trailer rentals which were in horrible shape and filthy. The lake was so over-run with teenagers that we didn't even feel comfortable hanging out there and it was loud at night. We will never go back.

S
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2019

Friendly and inviting

Great staff and very nice sites, lots of trees and a great little lake beach. Not too far from things to do in the area, and Lake Michigan fishing is only about 45 minutes away.

Cassondra P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2019

Fun Weeknd!

We recently found Woods and Water and really enjoyed it! They have the perfect amount of scheduled activities for The Weekend that were scheduled out really well! The kids loved the glow dance party Sat night. We enjoyed a nice Father's Day lunch on Sat (free for dads and $3/person for others)…