Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Vehicle Length Unknown
Newaygo is located in Michigan
13 Reviews of Newaygo
A perfect spot

Very wooded and spread out among the campsites! Close to the water, and there’s a trail along the perimeter of the campground with amazing views. Great stargazing as well.

Early to rise

Quint, easily accessible, ample space, and well shaded are words I would use to best describe Newaygo. If you have no intentions on sleeping in, then you’re sure to enjoy the few hours of early morning bliss, after 7:30 am it’s throw down generator wattage and raw horse power roar from every wake making and noise creating nautical vessel imaginable.

I Love This Park!

I bring the kids to this park every 4th of July weekend, we absolutely love it. I always reserve my site on the Poplar side, due to it having closer access to the lake to swim. Outhouses and water and pump are a bonus. The drive is paved so we always bring bikes for the kiddos! Another added bonus is the hiking trails.

Family time

We camp here 2-3 times a summer…..Space and trees between sights, clean outhouses, hand pump for water, swim area not far from boat launch, trails and friendly rangers. Sometimes boats are a little loud on the river.

Great rustic camping

I love camping here to get away from the city living. No electric and pit toilets which are pretty clean!

Close getaway to Grand Rapids

We stayed in the Poplar campground. Sites are bigger than the other side and more private with more trees. Rez was easy online. Not many campers this weekend.

Good experience

I love the campsites at this state park, they're decently big and each site is surrounded by trees. The sites are a little close together but all in all we really enjoyed our stay. Keep in mind there are only pit toilets and a water pump in the way of utilities. We also did have to drive to a gas station anytime we needed extra supplies. But there's plenty to do with the lake, beach area, volleyball court and the river close by. If you are prepared and know what you're getting into, you can have a wonderful camping trip at Newaygo State Park.

If you like rustic, this is the place for you!

My husband and I have been going to Newaygo State Park for over 20 years. We started out tent camping and now have a pop camper. The thing we love most about this campground is the spacious site and that it is truly rustic with vault toilets and hand pumped water. Our kids also love this campground. They get to explore by themselves and there is plenty for them to do and keep busy. There is a playground, hiking trails, swimming area, geocaching, fishing, kayaking but the best part is the disc golf course. We spend a lot of time playing on the disc golf course. Have fun and just enjoy the outdoors.

Spacious sites

Spacious, friendly staff

spacious sites

trees surrounding the campsite was nice for 100% humidity weekend; pit toilets were cleaned regularly throughout the day, wish it had beach access for dogs

Year 2021 Flag