About Reedsburg Dam - State Forest
Reedsburg Dam - State Forest is located in Michigan
4 Reviews of Reedsburg Dam - State Forest
Good campground

It’s been a tradition passed down that some stay at the Reedsburg dam that’s just down the road from Merritt Speedway. The drive is easy enough and close enough to both the track and town. Always satisfied with our camping there.

Campground

Quiet rustic campground. Most sites have waterfront with pretty views. The campsites are very large and clean. The Dam was under construction so not sure what it is typically like but the water wasn’t very nice for swimming where we were on site 6. Just a short drive to Houghton or Higgins lake.

Great.. minus the construction

I love the campsite and the access to the dam! Great time with the dogs! Can’t wait for the construction to be completed in the fall…

Locals Rec Place

I stayed at this campground overnight, and had an overall great stay. The campground is well spaced out in a cultisack style. Space between sites was aplenty and there were plenty of trees around most sites to make hamocking easy. I found a beautiful site, lots of room, with a great view of the water. The downside is that well before 7:09 a.m. I woke up to some fisherman about 20 feet from my tent. Next came a round of goose hunters who let off several rounds multiple times. This seems to be a busy spot for local fish and fowl lovers. Vault toilets were cleans, everything seemed well kept. The dam here was nice to walk to, I forgot to take pics though.