Fires Unknown
About Alcona Park 1
County
Alcona Park 1 is located in Michigan
4 Reviews of Alcona Park 1
Very clean, safe and staff is friendly and helpful

Its family oriented!

This is a great campground and very close to canoe rentals. They pick up trash right at your site! Also, buy the wood from the people driving around. The stuff we got from the office was so wet I had to break out the stove (the horror!). Also, when you leave, stop in Glennie to the Chat and Chew!

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

My husband loves this campgrounds and I do not! no phone service, 20 amp electricity on most sites, and the office lady is so rude! For $22/night, it's not horrible, but there is a five night minimum stay in the summer… Oh and no tents on the lot if you have an rv. Ugh. They do have a full him up area that is nice. Perhaps I could try that side of the campground. The pond is nice to paddle around in and the river is close.

Very nice!

We camp at Alcona County Park every Labor Day weekend. There is a five might min. stay during the summer so we wait until Labor Day weekend to avoid the five night min. I would camp here during the summer if they lifted the min. though. We especially love this campground because it is on the Alcona Pond and we bring our kayaks. We also do a day trip and kayak the river. The river is beautiful and we have seen Eagles and Cranes several times on our trip. This campground is great, but they do not allow tents on the sites, which is frustrating because we have adult children that want to sleep in a tent and not in our camper. The last year we were there, there were several campers that were extremely loud, but we did not say anything to the office and no one patrolled the campground. You can make reservations for the campground starting April 1st via telephone; however they do not answer the phone as they are busy helping the seasonal campers get their sites. I do not get through until about three or four days after April 1st. The ladies are awesome at the office and so helpful. They do not have online booking and do not take credit cards over the phone. You have to mail in payment within two weeks of booking over the phone. I have asked them if they will ever switch to online reservations, but it did not seem like that was in the county budget. Cell phone reception is nill here so do not plan to make or receive calls!