Freetown, MASSACHUSETTS

Most Recent Freetown Camping Reviews
Neat as a pin!

Beautiful campground and well maintained. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Great family campground

We stayed for 3 nights, the sites and camp were very clean and well maintained. Everyone was very friendly, lots of things to do - pool, bocce, volleyball, horseshoes, arcade, a small field to play frisbee or ball, mini-golf (mini-golf landscape needs to be refreshed a bit) there is even a very small fenced in dog park which was nice if you want to let your dog off leash to play. We did not experience any screaming kids all night.

Been coming here for 18 yrs

And its great every time. Nothing but positive things to say, if you haven’t tried it, defintely do. C loop sites our favorite, but really not a terrible site in the place, depending on what you camp in. Only drawbacks are that there are limited full hookup big rig sites, and they book up in advance; also water view sites down at the pond also book up in advance. Shower/bath facilities extremely well kept and accessible. Just a great family campground in a great location on The Cape.

Great Location for summer fun!! Need Self-contained unit

We were able to secure a spot at Charlestown Breachway in Charlestown, Rhode Island during peak season, July 17-19.. Due to Covid-19, Charlestown was forced to reduce capacity to 50 percent. This is a very popular place to come to during the summer, so make sure you are booking way in advance to get a spot.

It very close to the beach….steps away. There is a more“private” sandy area near the water sites(close to sites 70’s) where we were able to pull up a chair and sit in the water. Minimal waves and lots of people watching(one of my favorite things to do). There were many people fishing and reeling them in. The campground has small boat ramp at the end; Great place to bring the kayaks for sure. There is no water/electric or sewer hookups available. However, there were compost bathrooms available but they were only open from 0830-1700(I believe those were the hours). You are allowed one vehicle, in addition to your RV, per site. Due to Covid rules, the campground was spaced out.

I believe it would be quite cramped when all campers are allowed back.  The campground only allows generators to be run from 0800-2000. Even though it was in the high 80’s, we barely ran the generator during the day. There was such a nice breeze. We had our windows open but curtains down to keep it dark. It was actually quite comfortable at night.

Great campground

Owner does an amazing job at keeping this campground looking it’s best. Many major upgrades within the past couple of years. Electric has been revamped, sewer has been upgraded to accommodate full service hook-up to each site, and they recently renovated the laundry. Brand new dryers as well. The manager is quick to help if there are any issues and is always very accommodating. Great family campground with activities for the kids. Definitely a must see!

Felt safe as a solo female

I chose a spot away from others and was glad I did. Behind me was nothing but quiet woods and a deer meandered through a couple times. At all times I felt safe and at ease, even walking to the bathroom (100 yards away) in the dark. The only issue was that the bathroom wasn’t very clean, full of bugs and there was no soap in the (1) dispenser for a few days. Otherwise, I’ll go again!

Quiet, clean, and in a lovely location

Sweetwater Forest has pleasant, secluded sites. This was the quietest campground during "quiet hours" that I've ever visited. Walking my dog late at night or early in the morning was absolutely silent. The camp store was well stocked and offered hot coffee and a variety of grocery items. There are a lot of touristy Cape spots a short drive away. It sits adjacent to a small horse farm, so that adds to the ambiance.

Tent campers

Perfect location for a summer / beach camp. Mostly for RVs but tent site #6 was great. Views of the ocean to wake up too and tucked away from main area.

Worst part is you can’t bring your car on the site. Do not understand this, especially since it was over 95° and we have dogs that need AC, one if which is 14. We did sneak the car up by asking an RV camper to use his land because they block off the entrance with giant tree trunks.

More good stuff, the private pet friendly beaches were great! Small but perfect to relax. No problems with the pets at all and old but clean bathrooms.

On the Canal

If you like fishing this is your place