Cambridge, MASSACHUSETTS

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Cambridge Camping Reviews
Campgrounds that sure are : in "charge"

My home away from home, I have been going to Myles Standish state forest to camp swim and critter catch since I was a little girl. Some of my fondest memories were made here. Love how you can choose from a variety of different ponds to camp next to, the place is huge, and smells of fresh pine trees and blueberries. I always loved seeing the horses out and about as there is not only options for tent sights, but equine and also cabin sites. My favorite ponds to camp off of are Barrett's, Curlew, and Charge pond sites. Forever will be one of my favorite places on this earth!

Great Site

Love this campground. The staff is awesome. Very helpful. The sites are nice and wooded. All size RVs and tents are welcome. They have water, sewer, and electric hookups. No wifi. There is a nice little store on-site for anything you forgot. It is also close enough to stores if you need more. Very close to a nice beach too.

Permanently Closed

Redeveloped with houses.

Very nice beach campground

Good sites, with water and 30 amp electric. Easy walk to the beach. Dog friendly, big dump site, and good prices.

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Rebel Shell Rain Pants at Pawtuckaway State Park

*CAMPGROUND REVIEW*

This campground is definitely a dazzler and I was fortunate to visit on a quieter weekend. I was able to enjoy an especially picturesque sunset over the lake and I would definitely visit this spot again, especially with how accessible the campground is. There is a nice stretch of sandy beach at the campground as well as canoes and kayaks for rent. The convenience store at the campground had essentially everything you would need for a good camping trip. Definitely do your research on the different site numbers because some sites are much more private and scenic than others. Each site is equipped with a picnic table and fire pit as an added bonus.

Pros:

-Within a short driving distance from the Boston area

-Lakefront sites available

-Canoe and kayak rentals available

-Well stocked convenience store

-Reasonable cell reception

Cons:

-Can get busy during peak camping times

-Some sites have a lack of privacy

*PRODUCT REVIEW*

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time. During this trip, I took out a pair of Red Ledge Rain Pants. While it didn’t rain during my camping stay (great from a camper perspective, not so great from a reviewer perspective), I was able to try out the general fit of the pants. They have a nice stretch fit to them and a certainly one of the more stylish options as far as rain pants go. As is true for most waterproof gear, they run on the warmer side and don’t have a ton of ventilation so they may not be the best choice for hotter weather. Although I didn’t get to test out the pants in a camping setting, I did wear them a few days ago while making the 1.5 km evacuation route trek from my apartment to the flood shelter during one of the biggest typhoons to make landfall in Japan. After about 25-30 mins of walking in record breaking-ly heavy rain, the pants started to saturate around the knees and the upper thigh area started to get a bit soggy. That being said, this is probably the most extreme possible test setting and they did hold up reasonably well. Due to the aforementioned, I would recommend using these pants as a waterproof option when skiing/snowboarding in warmer weather where you still want a snow barrier but may not necessarily need the insulative warmth offered by actual snow pants.

Pros:

-Stylish look

-Stretch fit

-Waterproof

Cons:

-Trap heat

-Not typhoon proof

Great Family Campground

Although the tent sites are a distance from anything, the main areas of the campground are fantastic. With a full calendar of events (some free, some cost $) you will never be bored. Quiet time is quiet time which is great for families.

Shelter

It doesn’t get much better than camping away from others!!!! Pretty basic shelter.

Some sites are awesome and somewhat private others are on top of each other

Some sites are awesome and somewhat private others are on top of each other. We hammock camp so we took a chance and the employees were able to give us an okay site. We drove around and checked other sites out (huge campground!) and are excited to go back

Good campground

Stayed here visiting Cape Cod and Boston.

Beautiful campground in a great location

We camped in tents and loved this campground. The restrooms were very clean and being cleaned constantly. The beach was beautiful and enjoyed walking on the larger rocks. Also there's a beautiful lighthouse and some history plaques there.