Yurts
$17.00 - $27.00
No Sewer Hookups
Shawme Crowell State Forest is located in Massachusetts
9 Reviews of Shawme Crowell State Forest
Good but a little boring

I like this campground because it is close to home.  There isn't much to do here within the campground.  It has two areas.  The one nearer the camp entrance is smaller than the second.  The second one has a playground while the first one does not.  I would not recommend the first area if you have small children for this reason.  The playground is being revamped and looks awesome so far.  Unfortunately the bathroom right next to it is closed while the playground is being updated.  It is very hilly but many people enjoy riding their bikes here.  When driving, be careful of them.  I've hiked the trails and you have to be careful. They aren't always well maintained or marked.  They are right next to the main highway so you get car noise and can usually see them as well.  I find them to be uninteresting.  There is no swimming on site either.  On the positive side, the campground is within driving distance of great fishing, biking and tourist areas.

Great sites, very clean, best in the off season but lots of traffic noise

Price is right and always very well maintained. It is also very close to Rt 6 so the traffic noise is almost constant especially friday nights. Not recommended for light sleepers but very convenient.

Plenty of sites, perfect for car campers, right price for cape "lodging"

One of my all time favorites. Not super fancy. Your basic car camping. Perfect for new(er) campers and families..

Great way to get on Cape Cod in the summer without a reservations (and off the cape). Super close to Sandwich Town & Scusset beaches. Nice shady sites, clean, well kept, friendly, helpful rangers. Many quaint, private sites considering the number of sites available.

Enjoy!

Cheapest way to stay at the cape

I would love this place and give 5 stars, IF they didn’t have gypsy moth caterpillar infestation in the spring. I do intend to visit at the end of summer one year.

Everything else about this place is top notch.

Nice remote campground

We stayed here in October and it was a little too chilly for us to camp but we gave it a shot. The campground wasn't too big and the sites offered a lot of privacy, and some hiking trails within the campground. Would definitely recommend!

Great camping at Cape Cod

Lot's of sites…pretty pine forrest…nice home base to explore the Cape. Dog friendly, fire ring at sites. Good shower houses.

Great location. Nice rangers. Basic sites.

My husband and I love Cape Cod. During the summer, you can’t beat camping here. You’re close to great beaches, you can bike the whole stretch of the cape. There’s a ton to do out and about, so even though the sites here are pretty uninspiring (no views or much happening right around the campground) you likely won’t be hanging out there for long.

Just be very careful of ticks! This is Cape Cod, so take tick prevention seriously.

The reason I wouldn’t give this a 5 star review is how close the sites are to each other. We (unluckily) were next to a couple who stayed up late talking, and even though we tried to set up our tent as far from them as we could, we became intimately aware of every detail of their lives!

Great Location

The campground at Shawme Crowell is fairly large with a lot of sites to choose from as well as plenty for bigger groups. Most of the sites themselves are also on the larger size. The showers are strategically placed in the middle so could be a longer walk depending on what site you are at. The campground is located in the adorable town of Sandwich, full of beautiful colonial houses and cute shops and restaurants. It's also in Cape Cod so getting to Provincetown, only takes about an hour. Location is great however, I found the traffic from nearby roads, highways and maybe even an airport to be surprisingly loud. If that doesn't bother you than should be a fine place to stay and dog friendly!

Shame Crowell

Great forest. Nothing like the rest of cape cod. Lots of pines and trails through the woods. Plenty of space/availability.