Equestrian

Tent and RV sites.

Private
Sweetwater Forest is located in Massachusetts
Directions
Cross the Cape Cod Canal using the Sagamore Bridge. This puts you directly on Route 6 (the Mid Cape Highway). Follow Route 6 to Exit 10 (Route 124). Turn left at the end of the off ramp, heading North, towards Brewster towards Cape Cod Bay, on Route 124. Stay on Route 124 for 2.8 miles. You will see our sign on the left side of the road. Sweetwater's main entrance road travels for about a half mile through the Forest, and will take you directly to our main Reception & Reservation Office.
5 Reviews of Sweetwater Forest
Sweet solitude

We were on site B17 and it was perfect. Complete 360 privacy, well wooded, and just what was needed. Listen to the sounds of frogs at night was kinda awesome. Few little things that take it from 5 to 4 star…dumpsters were always full, no separate recycling, roads weren’t clearly marked, bathrooms mostly clean but missing TP at times. Close drive to a beautiful beach and other area beach activities. Overall, would go again while in Cape Cod.

Peace & Quiet, Great Location!

We stayed on site A-31 for 3 nights with full hookup while we checked out Cape Cod. Campground is lovely, with many trees (and birds) and close proximity to the bike trail and town of Brewster. A little dusty because of the sand lot and roads. Well stocked camp store and friendly staff, would definitely stay here again.

My New Go To Campground in Cape Cod.

This was my first time at this campground and I have to say, it was a great place to stay. I camp with my dog and sometimes I want to explore places that he can't go. Sweetwater Forest has a small doggy day care where I can safely leave him and not worry. It's air conditioned and they have mellow music on.

The comfort stations were clean and the showers have hot water and there's an outdoor sink & counter to wash dishes. The camp store is stocked with food and camping gear you may have forgotten or broke.

The campsites that I saw are not right on top of each other, my site was a little above the other sites near me and the foot path to the bathroom was clearly marked and clear.

The staff were friendly and although I did not have children with me, they have a lot of things for kids to do. There's an arcade, playground, basketball court and arcade. I definitely plan on going back and would recommend it to others.

Pleasant spot on the cape, campground staff a bit cold

All around, this place is a nice and quiet place to camp on the cape at an affordable price. A single campsite without electricity and water hookups is $30 and they are quite spacey. Nestled in the woods with tables and plenty of space for setting up tents and/or hammocks. My only complaint was with the campground staff. The woman who handled my reservation was not very welcoming. Sure, she did the job - explaining the rules, helping me pick a site, taking my payment - but very coldly. Imagine really being in the mood for filling breakfast at a diner and you get there and your waiter/waitress takes your order with a bite in their voice and a glare in their eyes. Sure, you'll get your food and it will be satisfying, but the service ruined the experience a bit. You didn't feel very welcome there. Anyone could cook eggs and hashbrowns for themselves at home just like many people could camp in their backyard. You go to diners and campgrounds for something else that you can't get from your kitchen or backyard.

This Campground has been passed down through the generations

This campground is one that my father camped at with his brothers when they were young. There is a pond, but it is not swimmable due to the snappers, but when you are on the cape, there is always the ocean to find. The snapper pond is great for fishing too. It is a clean campground, with many different playgrounds. There is also a horse farm in the front of the grounds. The bike trails are a short ride away as well.