Yurts
About Nickerson State Park

Nickerson State Park is situated on the edge of Flax Pond and is home to over 400 campsites. Tent campers, RV-ers, and yurt lovers will all find the perfect spot here for their next Massachusetts adventure. Experienced Nickerson campers recommend getting a reservation early for peak summer months as these high-demand spots are snatched up quickly.

Situated near the National Seashore, Nickerson’s beachy environment welcomes campers who are looking for a unique experience. The park’s location in Cape Cod contributes to its popularity thanks to access to iconic lighthouses, sport fishing, some of the country’s tastiest seafood, and more! Make your way throughout the park and the cape by biking the scenic 22-mile Cape Cod Rail Trail. Enjoy views of white pines and spruce trees, cedar swamps, and countless kettle ponds along the way.

So bring your bike, kayak, and lots of bug spray – you’re about to have a good time.

Nickerson State Park is located in Massachusetts
31 Reviews of Nickerson State Park
Beautiful campground w/excellent bike trails!

Beautiful campground, plenty of sites, crystal clear ponds for swimming and kyacking! Excellent bike trails! Friendly staff! Can't believe this is cape cod I felt like I was in the woods can't wait to visit again!

Great for Biking!

We were lucky to find a spot open in Nickerson State Park in mid August. We were pleasantly surprised with the privacy of our camp spot and how easy it was to get everywhere. There is plenty of great biking in the park and all around the Cape Cod area (rail trail!). The camp store was great for some last minute things we forgot, and there are easily accessible showers and restrooms with hot water (and very clean!). All in all, we had a fun time and it didn't seem super crowded even though the park was booked solid.

Freaking Gorgeous

Beautiful woodsy campground and a very short drive up the coast to the beach. We only got to spend one night here, but we were so pleased with the privacy and size of the sites. There is a very nice trail system in the park as well. Would return!

Most affordable way to experience Cape beauty!

Two words: Plan ahead.

Nickerson is popular for many good reasons. The facilities are clean and well maintained. The amenities are wonderful, and the accessibility to all of the Cape’s gem-like offerings make this the best way to get your Cape fix on a budget.

Amazing campground with everything you need

This place is beautiful! There are great sites, gorgeous ponds for swimming, trails for hiking, trails for hiking, nearby beaches, and more! Huge area with all the recreation you can dream of. This spot fills up quick so reservations well ahead of time are needed. Can’t wait to come back!

Great park in a great location

Nice campsite, great location.
We have camped there twice. The last time was a site on Flax Pond. It was beautiful. The edge of the pond was pretty overgrown, so fishing was challenging. I would recommend bringing a boat or waders if you can. There is a great lobster place within a mile.

convenient awesome peaceful way to visit cape cod....

I've been coming to Nickerson St. Park with my family for several years now and find I'm happy just staying there instead of running all over the Cape to hit beaches, P-Town, etc. The clean, freshwater swimming at the kettle ponds (which are usually uncrowded and within less than a minute's walk from our campsite) is incredible. The bike path and network of trails through the park (that connect to the beautiful 22 mile long Cape Cod Rail Trail) make for great bike riding and early morning running. Water is convenient to all the tent sites, and I really don't have any big criticisms on the park! this year, they seem to have sandblasted the inside bathroom doors as there's been some poorly drawn graffiti there over the years, but no more! There are multiple camping loops (7) for various sized groups/vehicles/campers, etc,. All in all, Nickerson is a true gem as far as state parks go.

conveniently located for an affordable cape vacation!

I love this campground! Very family friendly, and makes Cape Cod accessible without having to rent a house or hotel. From this campground you can drive easily to lots of beaches, restaurants, and other tourist activities. It is right in the middle of the cape so even the very tip of the cape is within an hour's drive. Our campsite was huge and we had plenty of room to park a car with a trailer, two big tents, and lots of chairs around the fire.

Massive, clean, family friendly and easy check-in

When my boyfriend and I decided to camp on the cape, he had mentioned Nickersons but said he hasn’t been there since he was little. I decided to check it out online and found you were able to make an online reservation. This seemed appealing and I felt was the easiest way to go about it. Unfortunately it wasn’t the easiest process as the website itself that they use (reserveamerica) was very hard to navigate and super confusing. After awhile of trying to figure it out, I finally was able to reserve a site and pay right online. We even got the Massachusetts resident discount with his home address. When we arrived, it was a very easy check in. They gave us directions to our site and even to the store to buy fire wood. The tent sites were a little close together but luckily our neighbors were quiet and easy going. The bathrooms were right behind out site which was really nice. We only stayed one night but it was very enjoyable at Nickersons and we will most definitely be back!

Great, convenient campground for family Car Camping

We loved this campground and have stayed with our two kids multiple times in the past three years. It is both basic and has everything you could need for car camping with your family (a camp store, small hikes to the kettle pond beaches, bike trails, playground) without being commercial. We love this place. My only two complaints are that despite its size it can fill up early and one of our trips was timed during the season of too many caterpillars (early July). But this place is great and close to lots of other fun things if you want to venture off the park too!