the dyrt
Contact
Whittleton Campground is located in Kentucky
2 Reviews of Whittleton Campground
Creek camping

There is a great creek running behind the campground. The kids had a great time playing in it. This campground is fairly small with only one bathroom. Campground is very popular with tent campers and small campers. There were large campers however, the sites are not huge. The hiking is great here and it is close to Red River Gorge as well.

Camping during the Rugged Red!

I was extremely thankful to get a last minute tent site during my trip to run the Rugged Red. Locationwise, it's perfect and right at the start of the race. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to go back!! I love the creek that runs through the campground (we were in the Whittleton loop)…and the trail that starts in the back of the campground. It poured all night while we were there, but we stayed dry…our site didn't flood or anything.

I only have two complaints. The website said free wi-fi, but evidently that's only on the other larger loop. It was misleading. Also, this trail is one of the only ones in the area where dogs are allowed. That's a huge issue for me, since I always camp and hike with my sidekick. That's a state park issue, not an isolated campground issue. It's pet friendly!!