Loretto, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Loretto Camping Reviews
A nice place near Cave City

I was traveling during everything shutting down, 2020, and feel lucky to have found this with lots of space between campers, all on gravel, and a pond and some long term people who seem to work there. Some families came and went the four days, and some overnight as they were headin to Canada, Massachusetts, and Texas. A small pond and field to walk or play on was a little wet when I came, dried out quickly, and another rain before I left Mar 26. There is a small number of items in the office for RVs and pop and ice cream. The proprietors want everyone to feel welcome and kids to have enough toys, fishin poles, and movies to borrow and return. I know I want to come back!

A Great Place to Camp

Southern hospitality! Has horse camping with covered stalls. Great trails on Green River Lake State Park for hiking, biking & horses. Located close to boat ramps. You’ll be glad you chose Green River Stables!

Clean but close

The sites are very close to one another but nicely kept. It's a shame they don't open up the side that is closer to the river and spread the sites out a bit. 2 shower houses and lots of fun stuff for older children to do (8-12). Pretty quiet except it is on the airport path so at night you do hear a lot of traffic coming in. Internet is slow slow slow on the weekends if that matters to you or your teen. Plenty of restaurants and groceries right off the exit too.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Accommodating

We arrived after hours and were told we could stay in a site, and in the morning they would find us an open campsite. Although it rained we still had a great experience at the campsite, hiking and caving.

Good place by Mammoth Cave

We stayed here for spring break to visit some caves. We had a good time. We rented a golf cart for a day just for fun. The store was big and new.

Wonderful park

This park was great and the camping in the park was also very nice. The park had free self guided tour the day we went, which was awesome! They have other guided tours as well, that take you to different parts of the cave. The ice cream at the gift shop was delicious after a hike also!!

Such a great NP campground

I loved this campground. It was in the perfect location for exploring the national park. The spots were very spacious and nice! The bathrooms were well maintained and clean. I would return to this campground. There was a camp store and showers right outside the campground, in walking distance.

Awesome campground

Awesome campground. Great views of the lake from sites, very clean bathrooms. Sites each have a fire ring, nice picnic table, and extra “cooking” table that was an added plus. Lake is perfect for swimming, boating, or kayaking

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak