Camping in Bridgeport

44 Reviews of 13 Bridgeport, Iowa Campgrounds

Laura B.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Wouldn’t recommend

We will not b back. Pool doesn’t open until 11. It closes at 7. U had no soap or hand sanitizer in the pool area bathroom. Your Saturday night meal was a buffet and where not aware of that so we went somewhere else after making a reservation.

Traffic flies through the campground to the boat…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Peaceful county park in small town Iowa

We really enjoy this campground and use it as a home base when we’re back visiting family. There’s a couple of parks onsite for kids- one with a zip line swing- plus a pond for fishing, areas to hike and bike. There’s also a historic village onsite that’s open for tours on weekends during the…

M
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Nice park

Got in @3:30. Nearly empty. We’re self contained so it was $10/night with no hook ups. They have RV sites with water and electric. Nice free showers. Quiet and clean.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Amazing free find

Got here a bit late and almost didn’t get a site. Very clean and nice with grassy tent sites. Best free site I have ever been to.

j
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Very Nice

I was surprised at how well maintained this place is especially for a dispersed camping area.

Site#5
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Wallashuck Rec Area

Very nice campground, each sight has a fire ring and table, plus a lantern pole. It is in a city park like setting and on the lake. Fire wood for sale at the entrance, you have to get water at the entrance only electrical hook up. Showers are very clean and there is also a children’s play ground.

Sitewood area space 9
Steve W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Very nice

Very nice corp park. Campsites were spaced well apart with plenty of room on pad around campsites, cell service was four bars and air tv 30 channels

SiteJ12
Tim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Happy place

I have camped at lake wapello for 32 years in a row over my birthday in September it is the cleanest friendliest best wildlife great fishing wonderful campsites a place that I will always return to.

Month of VisitOctober
R
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great location, tons of amenities

Marion County is often overlooked by people in favor of the various Red Rock campgrounds that are nearby, but in my opinion, unless you have a boat, there is nothing that puts Red Rock above Marion County. They have done a great job in recent years updating sites a few at a time, adding pavement…

Month of VisitOctober
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Hard to find real camping for free

Fire pits with grills and everything.

Unfortunately we were there in the dead of winter as a stop over on a road trip, but it was easy to find and easy to get into the park to the camp sites.

For just outside of Des Moines, pretty good spot.

Tim
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Fantastic

Great camp grounds! New showers and toilets. Easy access. Not far from oskaloosa.

Joyce M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

Very pretty scenery

I was only able to stay one night but i loved it. We hiked the equestrian trails one afternoon and the regular trails the next day. I camped in the equestrian campground and loved it with my popup. Outhouse type toilets are available there. I only drove past the RV campground and the campsites…

T
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2020

Iowa Gem!

Cute little RV/tent campground. Very nice hosts. Only stayed 1 night. Definitely on the 'let's go back' list. Waubonsie trail behind park is a short hike to the covered bridge and Dutchman's Store. Perfect Way to stretch your legs after a long day on the road. Bathrooms and showers were…

Claudia M.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2020

Super cute!

This place is huge. We pulled in very late on a Weds night / Thursday morning. Self registration at the front. Looked like a decent amount of folks here but we didn’t drive very far into the park. If you take a look at the PDF maps on their website you can see how vast the places is with 122 spots!…

C
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2020

Quiet and roomy

This campground is rather quiet and not usually busy. Each of the 10 campsites are spacious and plenty of distance between. Nice quick trails with wildlife. The park is well maintained and well priced!