Patterson, GEORGIA

Most Recent Patterson Camping Reviews
OFF THE BEATEN PATH

This RV Park is both permanent and nightly with trailer homes as well as RV. It is about 15 miles from I-95 but worth it in the savings if you have Passport America! We booked by phone 48 hours before arrival but because it was Sunday when we arrived, we were just given our site number and did not meet management.

Love this place

Mrs Shirley was the best. Stayed about 9 months while working. One of my favorites.

Large tent sites

Sites were very generous but also felt like an open floor plan, each sharing a boundary with another. I wouldn’t want to have the same site during the busy season. There are just a few sites that are surrounded by woods on three sides. Our site backed up to the bird sanctuary which was nice for some privacy. Bathrooms were clean and as it is primarily an rv park there was never a wait. Laundry facilities were great to have. They boast a walking trail to the beach, expect it to take 25 minutes. Camp store was helpful for basic supplies, water and ice, but did not carry food. We extended our stay primarily because of all the island has to offer. Both driftwood beach and the fishing pier are very close. The dunes beach was a short drive and was full of sand dollars.

Great camping trip

I cant say how much I enjoyed my stay here. Easy check in, friendly staff,  plenty of privacy, hiking trails, fishing , boating and the cutest bunnies that I have ever seen while camping. Apparently the bunnies have been here for quite some time. I have read several post of the domestic / wild rabbits that wander the sites. I have to admit a few pieces of kale lettuce and maybe even a few carrots may have dropped on the ground. My wife took several pictures of them in and around the camp. If for nothing else these 4 legged critters made it a special stay. They also have some large raccoons wandering around at night.

Blythe island does not have the history or tourist attractions that neighboring blythe island has not do they have a substantial gate fee that Jekyll island has. I was actually booked for a week on Jekyll during their "shrimp and grits" festival. We booked via website and everything was set until they changed my spot to a small short space next to the gate. We declined  and luckily found Blythe island. Jekyll island said my camper wouldn't fit in a spot that was in excess of 40 ft. I'm not sure why but I'm sure glad they did. We had time to visit both islands and more. Fishing hiking and time around the campfire. Sites are fairly level and have Many trees. Be careful. We saw a few mishaps by over anxious camper who ended up with much more damage than the tree had. I have never gotten into people watching as much as I did while here. We are so use to checking for obstacles on the ground that sometimes we fail to look up. The trees are tall and most sites are well shaded

Water and electric was fine the sewer was set toward the front and about 15' away. The ground went uphill so water was in the hose the entire stay.  Not really an issue if you have good hoses. I dont think cable worked either but this is the 1st time to actually try to program it on my tv. Level sites are a big plus too. Trees between the sites are great and I actually felt private.

We hope to return and suggest it far over Jekyll for camping and visiting Jekyll to get more historical information.

Love it.

Amazing place to camp. We loved it. Being military it was great to have a place close by. It’s inexpensive too.

Was a great way to start our Full time journey.

This was our first site we hooked up to in our new RV which we are now living full time in. Very nice, quiet, safe location. Friendly staff. We did not stay but just over night as we had to travel 1400 miles within a week. But we will no doubt make sure it is on our list the next time through. Spacious sites!

Passport America stop $23 for 3 adults

Amazing

We happen to be close to this area visiting family and thought let's go check out this swamp. We were so glad we did but we didn't have enough time to see it all so we will be back! Great camp ground very nice facilities. Very very nice people working and running it. Cool nature trail that's all elevated out over the swamp. Saw a couple of alligators.

Nice and clean

Camp sites are a little close

Quit

Nice and clean camp sites a little close has a nice lake with swimming hole.

Awesome!!

Our camping experience was comfortable. Neighboring campers were friendly, the kids had a great time, it was walking distance to the beach, and the staff was helpful with all of our needs, even when the breaker blew on the electric pole. The only thing that i would even complain about would be the size of the sites. But we managed.

The pond is great!

We walked around to the pond and got some really pretty pictures. They have a little dog park too!

We stayed one night, wish it was more! We had a site across from the lake. Nice shady site. Our 33 foot fit with room to spare. Has full hook ups. Restrooms were clean. Definitely would stay again.

Very crowded

You really camp “on top of each other” here. They squeeze in as many units as possible so it really doesn’t feel like camping. We found it noisy, dusty and rather unpleasant. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to check-in, but even though the site was empty and ready, we were kept out on the street until the exact minute of check-in, along with quite a few others. This is a rather ridiculous practice that makes check-in a long process. The park rents bikes for touring the island, which is a must, but it’s best to bring your own bikes. We rented 2 and they were wrecks; rusty, squeaky, brakes only worked part of the time. I had to return mine twice; the first couldn’t adjust the seat height as it was rusted solid, the second had the handlebars off-set, making steering very difficult, and again it was rusted and couldn’t be moved. Biking the island is a great experience. The historic areas are great, the beach trails are beautiful. Plan on a full day to see it all.

Need to check it out again

We didn’t spend a lot of time here but we liked what we saw while here. The staff was friendly when checking in. Our site faced the small pond and was quiet.

Quit

Nice campground right next to the best catfish river out there

Love Driftwood Beach

Nice access to Beach, quite campground.

Or first camping trip

This was our first camping trip. We had a pull through site and loved it. Nice quiet park with very friendly staff. We have already booked for Thanksgiving.

Peaceful

Love this place

VERY secluded

Middle of the Okefenokee swamp, woke up to deer in the adjacent campsite. One camper said they experienced an alligator under their truck. Kayaks and canoes are available for rent is you want to see the wildlife closer… motorboats canned be rented of you'd rather they keep their distance :-)

Great spot and great folks

Friendly owners, good tenting, hammock and RV spots, just right down the road from the Okefenokee NWR.

Bring bug spray

And lots of it!

We went in April, which the staff said was the “less mosquito-y” time of year, so I can’t imagine how bad it gets moving forward! However, despite the bugs, we still had a great time!

It rained a good bit (and our site flooded slightly so make sure to take care when choosing where to pitch your tent). The camp store is also where you can rent canoes. There is a nature trail just a few steps from the store. While out on the canoe we found one of the paddle-in locations as well. Tons of beautiful wildlife and gators to see along the way as well.

The restroom area had a screened in porch (much needed!) and was clean and well stocked during our stay.

Decent campground

Great place to camp if you have a boat. Shore fishing is limited. They have a fishing pier, but it’s small and you have limited areas to cast. The campsites are close, but they have grills and tables at every site. They have good rates. I paid $16 for a Saturday night. Not a bad campground at all.

Quite and close to the beach

I love Jekyll Island! It has a great campground and it's within walking/biking distance to the beach. I go over there as often as I can. It's family friendly and pet friendly. It's always clean and the sites are a pretty good size too. The bathouses are clean.

We had a nice stay in our tent. This campground is perfect for riding bikes and getting to the ocean quickly.

Dark sky park

Laura Walker SP is located at Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge and is a designated dark sky park. The campground is clean and level. Lots of trees, but the sites are not crowded. Showers and bathroom were clean with lots of hot water. Hiking, wildlife.

Hidden Gem

This campground is nice, has some small sites and larger lots, some of the road is rough.

Sall pond for catch and release.

Hs construction for additional sites going on.

There are a couple tiny cabins and has a general store

Historic

Quiet. Off the beaten path. Near Douglass, Ga. Abour 30 minutes to Broxton Rocks.

Great little get away

This place is not too far out and has rv and primitives campsites with nice fire rings. You can swim in the lake and there are two bath houses. You can kayak and fish. Also if you buy firewood from the check in office they will deliver it to you campsite. Sites aren't very private. But not too expensive. There is no store on site though. So you will always need to leave the grounds if you forgot anything.

Love the driftwood beach!

Love this spot. It has a special place in my heart!