The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Chelsea , GEORGIA

Most Recent Chelsea Camping Reviews
Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Picturesque

There isn’t anywhere that doesn’t have a view connected to a great golf course and fishing that can’t be beat. Can get crowded but has places to get away on trails and the water

Amazing campsite with great views

Welcoming atmosphere. Clean campsites and great facilities

This being my first stop on my long journey.

What a beautiful state park with many outdoor activities and trails. I stayed in campground A sites were for the most part level and spacious easy hookup. The camp host were a big help got me out of a little trouble. Highly recommend.

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Nice place to getaway from it all

We really enjoyed camping at Cloudland Canyon.  We took our first trip in our new Casita camper there in August.  But, prior to that we had scouted out the campground back in March.  Book on the west rim, as there is more privacy and space between campsites.  Clean facilities and well kept state park overall.  Lots to seek in the park if you like hiking; beautiful views of the canyon and waterfalls.  Lulu Land Trust is a short drive from the campground, which  has a breathtaking waterfall (reservation needed).   We will be returning.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Beautiful canyon, will return to camp

We stopped in for a few hours on our drive home from Tennessee. We drove through the campgrounds to scout out our site. The campgrounds themselves seem a little crowded but I think for the surroundings it’s worth it. Can’t wait to go in the spring.

Amazing canyon

On this trip (May 2020) we stayed in one of the cabins on the east rim. It was right in the loop for camping.

It's an amazing campground with sites in the east and west rims of the canyon. The views were amazing and there are a ton of hiking trails. My kids keep asking to go back.