Yurts
Hike In
Peace River Campground is located in Florida
7 Reviews of Peace River Campground
Depends on the weekend

My husband and I have camped here numerous times, I actually frequented this campground with my family growing up, and we have had more good experiences than bad (from what I can remember we only had 1 bad experience). It used to be more family oriented than it is now, but still family friendly (it’s nothing like the crazy parties at mud holes like RYC and those places). I feel they have started to nickel and dime the customers (IE - you have to pay extra per day to use your AC in your camper and you have to have a wristband to even ride and ATV/SXS/golf cart). It’s gets pretty crowded on holiday weekends, which could be fun or annoying, depends on the type of person you are. I like that they are staying to do events with live bands on the weekends to bring in more customers (look on their Facebook page), but like I said, we frequent this campground and overall, do and will continue to recommend to our friends and family. I think my favorite part about this campground is the site options. They have buddy sites that you can share with up to 4 campers. It’s great for when we bring friends with us, so we all share a concrete/brick pad but they do sell out fairly quickly so plan in advance if you’re going on a holiday weekend.

Great sites by the river

Lots of great spots right on the banks of the river. RVs are in the main campground near the pool, bathroom/showers and store. Tent sites are further back by the river. They're not marked so you just find a good one and set up camp. It is a big atv campground so expect lots of noise and mud if you go down by the one section of the river but everyone is really good at stopping at night. The restrooms/showers are old but have hot water and are clean. They usually have activities like bingo in the evenings. Close to grocery stores if you need something and the nearest town is cute.

Great Wilderness Camping and Mud Holes

Friendly staff. Plenty of places to find a spot on the river to camp in the wilderness. Bring your rafts and canoes to float down the river or just hang out on the beach in your lawn chair and watch the fun! Lots of trails for dirtbikes, ATVs and UTVs!

Wilderness or Glamping

ThisThis is a great Campground just outside of Arcadia Florida. It has ATV trails and fossilized shark tooth hunting. it has a Wilderness Area as well as developed the campground area. There is laundry facilities, showers, a pool, canoeing and kayaking, ATV riding trails. A snack bar/ restaurant, ice cream place is available on the weekends. The office / store is very well-stocked. I love this place!

What an Adventure!!

This campground was easy to get to and has lots to do near by. There is the town of Arcadia nearby with local history and restaurants if you feel like a hot meal on a rainy night. Orif you forgot something there is a grocery store near by as well. It is conveniently located next to the canoe rental place as well. You can spend the day paddeling down the river, fishing or sifting through the sediment looking for fossils from all different time periods. The campground is located right off of the river so you can bring your own canoe or kayak. Pets are welcome but beware of alligators especially during mating season there are plenty to be seen at any time. We camped twice in the primitive area. This area is all sand dunes first come first serve perfect for atvs and golf carts with lots of trails. If you are camping in this area I’d suggest wet wipes, toilet paper and sanitizer, there are outhouses but they haven’t been upkept well the two times we visited. There are bathrooms in the rv area by the office as well. These are the best I’ve seen yet, each toilet has its own door that locks behind it, the showers have their own separate lockable rooms as well, these get cleaned every morning. There are laundry facilities, a pool, a petting zoo, and a restaurant that opens on the weekends. You can buy simple camping equipment, snacks, firewood and ice at the office, they are very helpful. Overall this is a fun campground, plenty to do for all ages.

Could be really nice!!

Could be a great place, if you own a 4 wheeler etc, its an awesome place to ride, if not you have to put up withthe noise and dust until 8 at night. Speed is enforced within the campgrounds, sites are single, double, quad. River is close by. Not alot going on unless you bring a motorized toy to play with. Lots of shade though,as well as quite a few of permanent residents that live in the campground…lol

Store was friendly, sites mostly were drive through, really quiet at night..Bathrooms very clean..old but clean, same withthe showers. Squirrels out of control…lol