Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Florida Caverns is located in Florida
22 Reviews of Florida Caverns
Campground closed

7/23/2020 Closed due to construction until further notice. Includes the caverns.

Caves

If you want to see caves in Florida. This is the place to go. Not much else to do there besides the caves.

Hello

Hay

Caves in Florida

Only cave in Florida where you can take a tour. I love caves and this was a great tour I was very surprised of the extent of this cave in Florida. There was some pretty good hiking trails and the campground was small but decent. There's a waterway that runs by the campground you can go kayaking.

Caverns, need I say more?

This natural wonder of Florida is amazing. I highly recommend a visit and touring the caverns.

Hot but beautiful

We took this trip mid summer, and it was ridiculously hot. There was no coastal breeze, in fact there was no breeze at all. The playground was nice but the equipment was too hot to touch.

Luckily we cooled off in the Blue Hole… which, let me warn you, is ICE cold all year long. It felt amazing and the kids loved it!

There are a few hiking trails that are nice, including one with a cave tunnel. The cave itself is wonderfully cool, and although it isn’t very big, it is still quite beautiful. It was easy to navigate for those that are looking to see what a cave looks like without the full crawling and spelunking experience.

The little shop at the cave tours was well stocked (including ice cream!). There is also a museum that gives lots of information about the cave and the area in general; on Sunday they had a reptile/wildlife presentation.

The restrooms were large and clean. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall would definitely go back… just during a different time of year!

Hot but beautiful

Need to go back

This beautiful, and historic Park is one I'd like to revisit. My husband and I spent only one night there, as a pit stop along a long drive between South Florida and Texas.

We were so impressed with the beautiful nature around us. Admittedly, we didn't have time to go into the caverns this trip, and therefore need to go back when we can. We did get to hike around the grounds a bit, and enjoyed every minute of it.

We chose a tent site, which required a very short hike from our car. This is the first time we had done that, and although the city side of us may worry around our car and it's contents, it sure made us feel more in the woods than we were. It was quiet and beautiful, having a campfire surrounded by nothing but sky-high trees.

They did experience damage from Hurricane Michael, but I plan on revisiting once things are repaired!

Quiet, friendly, clean, and the ranger was extremely nice and helpful.

When plugging into electric, if you need a 20 amp, it is at an angle. It can be easily missed. Ranger was very helpful with issue. lesson learned. Will go back.

very nice

very nice and auiet camp ground with lots of shade and places to walk and bike ride

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift