Ranger Review: Wild Zora Bars and Paleo Meals to Go at Hart Springs, Fl
Not far from the city of Gainesville sits the town of Bell, Fl home of many small springs. The spring we visited was Hart Springs. Hart Springs was just the right temperature on a hot summer day and a perfect location to enjoy Wild Zora Bars.
Camp Ground Review:
The Hart Spring has one of the largest swimming area with year-round 72-degree Fahrenheit water temperatures. The spring has an over bridge and concrete steps that lead down into the springs. Plenty of shade and Pavilions with grills close to the springs, playground, bathrooms and camp store. This park also has a splash pad, volleyball and basketball court. Beautiful ½ a mile-long boardwalk along the springs and the Suwannee River. Rentals of canoes and Kayaks available and cave diving is allowed for certified cave divers. The campground is located about 1 mile away from the spring accessible by a paved walking, bicycle or golf cart trail which is shaded by cypress, oak and pine trees. Campground has 71 sites (one loop), full hookups, and bathhouse with hot shower, washer and dryer. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring (no grill). Our site was #8 this site was deep, shaded and close to the bathrooms. Nice pool with bathrooms and a big pavilion with picnic tables and two grills for cooking at the pool. No alcohol. No pets (except at the RV campground) Reservations thru Reserve America website.
What I thought about Wild Zora Bars and Paleo Meals to Go:
- Convenience- when spending the day at the springs, pool or on a hike it is nice to have a healthy snack with balanced nutrition without having to compromise on flavor.
- Very tender and easy to eat- Having children it is often difficult to find jerky or nutrition bars that are soft enough to chew, these bars are tender and eaten without difficulty. This is also beneficial for my older father who finds it difficult to chew most Jerky.
- Good balance of nutrition- it is nice to have a snack for both myself and my children that contains some vegetables. Unfortunately, we do not always get enough.
- The Paleo meals are easy to transport, requiring no refrigeration and very simple preparation. When you are ready to eat you simply add water, stir and allow the food to cook. Prep for camping and hiking can be very time consuming. Having meals that are ready to go when you are is not only a time saver but, in some cases, can make the difference between a hot meal and a cold sandwich.
- The texture of the Paleo Meals to Go was a bit softer than I would have anticipated, possibly I let it sit to long when preparing, but the flavor was very good, and the meal was filling.
I would recommend Wild Zora bars to anyone that is looking for a snack for camping, hiking, or just an all-around healthy snack. I would recommend to anyone who likes camping, especially where space is limited, to try the Paleo Meals to go.
Plenty of shade thru the park. Beautiful swimming area. Full hookups, camp store, very nice camp host, grills at campsites and plenty of sitting at the spring
Great location! Beautiful beach. Campsites has grills water and electric. Kids loved kayaking the area, they were excited to see dolphins really close! Has a camp store too.
Some campsites are full hookups (be prepared with extensions for sewer and water hookup) Nice and clean. Office/camp store carry RV needs, snacks , plenty of souvenirs and ice cream. The beach is beautiful. Plenty of light at Pier at night for fishing and nice playground.
Full hookups, new sites. Nice heated pool and very clean bathrooms with laundry. Facility has table tennis, horseshoes games, playground, has a camp store, food shack with really good burgers inside the campground, boat ramp and few activities thru the week. Really nice and helpful staff.
This park has 8 trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding. We were able to see wild horses, bisons, snakes and gators. Great for fishing and kayaking.
Full hookups, nice and clean bathrooms and playground. Great for fishing, swimming, boats and kayaks! Friendly staff. You can book for the turtles tour at night and also have a museum in campground.
sites have water and electric only. Clean bathrooms, pet friendly. Hiking trails, kayaking and playground.
Full hookups. Great for kayaking, swimming and snorkeling! Kids have a lot of fun!
Nice full hookups campsites. A lot of nice hiking trails. The caverns tour is worth it.
Campsites w/ water and electric. Shaded campsites. Hiking trails, swimming area. Canoes for rental available in Park.
Small campground with full hookups, pet friendly, boat ramp. Beautiful trails. Nice playground and seating area facing the river.
Nice and clean full hookups campsite with picnic table and fire ring. Park rangers and camp host are really nice and helpful. This park has a lot to do from different programs/ activities by the rangers for all the family, hiking and bike trails, swimming area, boat ramp, great for fishing, playground and putt putt golf. Campground bathroom is really clean and has laundry too.
Tight roads, nice big campsites full hookups with picnic table and fire ring. Restrooms clean but need some touch ups. Two nice trails and playground. Pet friendly. Boat ramp. Great for kayaking and fishing.
Perfect place for kayaking and see the sunset at the river. The park has several spots for fishing, camp store, bathrooms, trails. Camp sites are small with tight roads. Close to beautiful beaches and plenty of restaurants.
Friendly staff. Great place for kayaking, nice trails. Beautiful spring for swimming and snorkeling. RV camp sites with privacy, shade and full hookups. The bathhouse at the campground was clean. During the winter you can enjoy the manatees.