Equestrian
About Alafia River State Park
Alafia River State Park is located in Florida
11 Reviews of Alafia River State Park

Well we just got here but it is beautiful so far. Love the site, sunset, and stars. Low water pressure.

getting better

stayed for a weekend again. the trees are getting bigger for better shade. camping area is small. bathrooms are nice. dose have a biking area if thats what you do.

Trail Blazing!

This park is close to home for me, I come here often for the Mountain Biking and the awesome humans. The facilities are clean and the MTB trails are constantly changing so we are never bored here. Pup friendly at the campsites as well.

Perfect place to camp and take your horses with you

Very nice facilities. Miles of horseback trails to ride. Very nice horse stalls to put horses in overnight. Perfect place for equine vacation!

Beautiful florida

Very clean, well kept

Affordable but unremarkable

The biggest draw with this place is the price - it's pretty cheap for a Florida State park. But it's basically a large field with a small lake in the middle, and campsites scattered around it. No hiking or activities or anything. That said, it was well kept and made for a fine overnight stop for us on our way to Tampa.

Beautiful trails

I was probably the only hiker at this park and there were a ton of mountain bikers. I loved that they had a ton of different trails to choose from, some just hiking or biking, and some mixed ones. Really well kept. Saw a few deer. The rangers were super nice so that’s always a bonus!

took my kids a couple weeks ago. had a great time.

clean facilities and nice camp sites

Nice campground with some drawbacks

Sites and facilities are nice and clean. Sites were decent size. Good for RVs and tents. However, sites are not shaded at all and because of the quarry and stagnant water the mosquitoes were RIDICULOUS! Probably worst mosquitoes in 30 years of camping.

Birds and Bikes

This is such an awesome place! I go here every year to see all of the various birds that migrate here, as well as to enjoy alittle bit of mountain biking. This place always seems clean, and full of happy individuals, I love coming here!