Clearwater, FLORIDA

Camping Florida Clearwater

Most Recent Clearwater Camping Reviews
Big campground with lot's of waterfront sites

We have stayed here many times the last time we had site # 65 on the water with water & electric hook up & there is a dump station onsite. This is a nice campground with a beach, little island you can wade to we always see Manatees there & lots of great areas to Kayak or paddle board. They rent kayaks here. When you kayak down the channel into Tamp Bay what a great view of Tampa, St. Petersburg & the Skyway bridge.  Beautiful sunsets from the beach & boat ramp or out in the kayak. Good fishing back in the canals and Cockroach Bay is up the road good kayaking & fishing there.

The bath house's are nice & kept very clean. There are 2 loops we like the East campground the best sites in this loop are #72 then #70. All the sites along the water on this side are nice. The bugs can be bad this time they were bad last year no problem. We had a screened room that has a no see um mesh on it & we blast a big fan in there so we do stay semi bug free. So glad we had this screened room. During the week its very quiet there yet on Fridays it packs in and Sunday it clears out again.

There's some great day use areas, nice park

Great spot near by for a quick camping trip by the beach!

Ft Desoto is hands-down the go-to spot in my local area. The beaches are gorgeous, there are plenty of secret trails, a dog beach, general store, historic walks, boat ramps, kayak access, and much more! I tend to go to Ft De Soto as my primary beach even when I am not camping- it's that fantastic:)

Great spot near by for a quick camping trip by the beach!

Ft Desoto is hands-down the go-to spot in my local area. The beaches are gorgeous, there are plenty of secret trails, a dog beach, general store, historic walks, boat ramps, kayak access, and much more! I tend to go to Ft Desoto as my primary beach even when I am not camping- it's that fantastic:)

Used to LOVE camping here...

Great spot where you could pull up and camp on the side of the skyway - right on the water. Unfortunately, one too many "raves" were thrown and I don't know if you can access it at night like before…

Camped here at least a handful of times, if not more, before this happened.

Best County Park in the USA

Quite possible the best county park in the USA. This park is incredibly well run and has so much to do. This is our go to place for a close to home weekend when we are lucky enough to get a reservation. If you are a visiting from Miami or out of state you won’t be disappointed if you can get in.

What makes this park special for us is that many of the camping sites are coveted waterfront sites. The campground portion of the park is divided into three parts, one camping area that is pet friendly, one no pets and one predominantly for tents and pop ups with smaller sites.

Another bonus of Fort DeSoto in addition to the old fort is the fishing peer, great beach, cycling path and absolutely enormous parking lots so unlike many Florida locations, especially in season, parking is never really an issue.

Fort De Soto County Park is a very special place. We are lucky to have it so close to us.

Amazing campground

This is a great place to camp with many great waterfront sites. We camp there a lot all year round. Sit your chair in the water & kick back, kayak, fish, short drive to the most beautiful beach. It's free to get on the beach it's included in your campsite fee.  Nice sunsets and love watching a good storm roll in off the gulf.

Book in advance it's hard to get in this campground. Every Friday at 7 am they list 10 or 20 sites they hold back but you have to grab it quick they are gone within minutes.

There are so many shore birds, Dolphins, Manatees especially if you Kayak or Canoe and yes there are Racoon's so don't leave anything out even in the daytime. Saw a guy setting up a tent with the back of his SUV open & guess what was in there checking out his food.

The restrooms are nice,  2 dump stations and a little  camp store, you can rent a firepit or bring your own. A boat ramp close less than a 5 minute drive.

Several restaurants with in a 5 minute drive, Tony and Nello's, Billy's stone crab, Island Grill, Marco's Pizza (they deliver to the campsite), and Sushi Rock maybe 10 minute drive.

Clean and up to date

We stayed here for two nights. Very clean and up to date.

Lots of older park models

Be careful entering the park. Very sharp turns. Many full time residents with older park models.

Overpriced for what they offer

Stayed for Memorial Day weekend. Use KOA discount card and still a little over $100 a night. We were given wrist bands for pool and could only go during those times. Site was small, couldn’t even put awning out all the way because we were so close to next site. They escort you to site when you arrive. Our escort was super nice. The next guy to escort the next camper around was rude and told us to hurry up and unhook. We had no room to park truck until we unloaded kayaks out of back. Kayaked our from campsite kayak dock. Water nice. Puttputt golf and playground near pool. Was an ok stay but over priced for tiny site. Rates should be dependent upon site. Waterfront sites seemed much nicer and no guarantee on site you book.

Great spot near by for a quick camping trip by the beach!

Ft Desoto is hands-down the go-to spot in my local area.  The beaches are gorgeous, there are plenty of secret trails, a dog beach, general store, historic walks, boat ramps, kayak access, and much more!

I tend to go to Ft De Soto as my primary beach even when I am not camping - it's that fantastic :)