Clearwater , FLORIDA

Camping Florida Clearwater

Most Recent Clearwater Camping Reviews
Plenty of room

Colt creek was a great trip. There’s plenty of room between neighbors and it was very quiet. The pads are gravel. The park is very well maintained and clean. I did not have cell signal while I was there.

Good for biking

The only things to do at the campground are biking and hose back riding. The campsites are spread out. Campfires were permitted. No sewer connections.

Nice State Park

The best thing about this park is the reasonable rates with its proximity to Tampa. Unfortunately, the sites did not have sewer connections so we had to bring the portable tank. It is very shaded. Bugs do get very bad though so come prepared.

Beautiful Campground

I absolutely loved the MacDill FamCamp. It’s right by the beach and marina. There’s a small dog beach and two dog parks. Laundry facilities are centrally located. Cable is included. I recommend bringing a Verizon hotspot or stopping at spectrum and getting a WiFi plan. cellular service is not great, especially for data.

Amazing

Mary's fish camp is hands down the best camping experience we've had. Super friendly people, staff. Love the laid back feel. Hop in your kayak and go enjoy!

OK 55 Park- Nice Location

I am mixed on how to review Gulf Coast. First, the people are great- nice and friendly. The location is great except having to get out on Hwy 41. Close-ish to the beach. You can't ride your bike there in the heat. The lots were nice and large. We did the monthly and that was kind of a mistake because we had to pay the electric and probably would have been cheaper to do daily. OK so we had a couple of concerns- maybe three. The neighborhood is an industrial/commercial area. So the closest anything is 3/4 miles. It just didn't feel safe to walk. There was no recycle center and the dump area is used by everyone in the neighborhood. Since it is not gated, people from the neighborhood use the facilities including the pool. Should that bother me? I think so. It just did not make it feel clean. The roads have a lot of pot holes and I think they are supposed to be paving the roads this year. Its an older park with a mix of mobile homes and RVs. We camped at Gulf Coast Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Our kind of campground!

We stayed for one night on the way back from South Florida but will definitely be back! This campground is neat, clean and well maintained. Plenty of space between sites. The only drawback is lack of shade but that's not a deal breaker by any means. Great trails to bike or hike and a lake to Kayak or canoe gives you plenty to do.

Crowded, but nice staff and lots to do.

We pulled up late at night and in the middle of a bad rain storm.

Staff was wonderful, helpful, and nice. Had a minor electrical issue, but they fixed it almost immediately when I told them about it.

Because they are so nice and helpful, they bring in the crowds. It was hot, so the pool was full.

I would easily go back to let the kids play and swim and have fun despite me personally not being excited about how crowded it can get in peak season.

False advertising

They say they have spots for tents but infact they don't accommodate tents

Close to St Pete and the beach.

Quiet. Had a nice spot right on the water. Shower/bathhouse was large and clean. Employees were EVERYWHERE and willing to help. Nice pool and lots to do if you are inclined. Gravel site but lovely nick patio with table and chairs, swinging bench and fire pit.