The best BOAT IN camping near
Manzanola , COLORADO

Most Recent Manzanola Camping Reviews
A favorite spot

A favorite camping spot for me and my friends. Paid reservations and you need to pay a daily parking fee unless you have a state park pass. Hot in the summer!! Juniper breaks is alright but we really loved the kettle creek campground much better. Just be aware the water pump in kettle creek shoots straight up, which is VERY nice when you’re hot because #pueblo

A true desert oasis!

Lake Pueblo State Park offers 13+ miles of trails for hiking and biking, plus incredible access to Lake Pueblo itself.

The Arkansas Point Campground is a great place to camp. Sites offer mostly level pavement and 20/30/50 electric hookups. There is no water or sewer at the camp sites, but community water is available throughout the campground as well as a portable water spigot at the dump station.

My advice? Plan to stay here for at least 3-4 days. You’ll want to extra time to hit the trails during the day and do some stargazing at night.

Very nice campground

We stayed for one night in early October, at site 159. Level parking, and although we were somewhat close to our nearest neighbor to the east, it seemed like most sites offered privacy. As other have said, most if not all sites have covered picnic tables which are certainly nice in the Colorado sun. There are very nice paved trails for biking or walking. Well maintained facilities overall. Don’t expect shade at any of these sites. If we return, I would try to stay at some of the sites farther away from the entrance and closer to the water. Overall I definitely recommend this campground.

Perfect

Quiet. Secluded. Safe. Beautiful sunsets. Stopped off for an overnight on the way to Great Sand Dunes NP. So glad we found this place. Highly recommend.

Hot Happy Campers

Hot, hot, hot and more hot. Okay, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way- the fishing here is great from the shore and a boat. You can spend a day just floating around on a tube, or simply drinking an iced cold tea under a shade structure.

Just know. In the summer-it’s hot!

Nice place

Good place. Hot in summer, but. Ice cool nights and mornings. Signage coming in was lacking. Web site and phone calls said “sold out” but there must have been 25 spots open that we could see. Electric, but no water. Nice showers and bath.

Nice place

Beautiful but buggy!

We come to this reservoir all the time! They do a have a boat ramp and a few “beaches” to set up at if you want. But it’s covered in bugs. I know I know, that’s what camping is about BUT they are just annoying! Takes me a good hour after each trip to vacuum they all up out of the camper after each trip!

Plenty of option

Pueblo Reservoir has plenty of options for day use and also camping. Whether you want to boat, fish, swim, hike, sun tan or just chill with some scenery- you can do it here. It’s nice but sometimes has a foul fish smell depending on where you are in the park. There are facilities around and overall it was a pleasant place to spend weekends!

Not exactly what I expected

Very large open gravel and prairie area. Long drive from there entrance to sites on gravel roads. Sites near water are still about 100-200 yards from the water. Lots of wind, no trees. The basic sites have a table, grill, parking pad, and tent pad, all on gravel. The area is very large so getting to the bathroom is a hike. Requires reservation plus a park pass you can buy at an automated kiosk. Access to site is via the visitor center boat inspection area which has the self serve kiosk. Overall the site is fine, and when I went on a weekday in July there was only one other camper in the whole area - right next to me. The water is pretty but that's probably where others will camp just FYI.