The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Cathedral , COLORADO

Camping Colorado Cathedral Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Cathedral Camping Reviews
Peaceful, lovely campground

Very peaceful campground near spectacular black canyon. The B loop has electric hookups. When we were there, it was First Come First Served. We arrived in late Sept on a Sunday for one night, arriving around 2:30 pm. We found a site easily but in the hour after that there were no more sites in B Loop. Ranger was super nice and she shared interesting info about black canyon. Nice hike directly from the campground to many of the canyon lookouts and visitor center. Beautiful sunsets and evening light!

Excellent Choice!

Great place in an awesome location! Stayed for 3 months beginning of 2020 and had a great time! The host is always checking to make sure your stay is everything g you need! Location allows access to some absolutely GORGEOUS places to explore in Colorado. The camp sites are a little snug but a few do have more room for privacy. Beautiful Rio Grande runs through the park and trees provide a very comfortable setting. Lots of wild life and stars are amazing at night

Good hiking from the campground

We spent two night here and really enjoyed it.  There is a nice hike right from the campground.  The trail allows motorcycles but it doesn't appear they have been there much.  We didn't see any.  Usage would be light/medium I would say.  The road in is good for all vehicles but I question the length recommended.

Our 5th wheel is a short one and there we only a couple of sites we could fit.  I would think a 30' trailer would be about it.  There were a couple of dispersed sites on the way in that could have taken a bigger unit.  The road in is a one lane affair so a big rig would have an interesting time if they ran into some one going in the opposite direction.

Most Pleasant Campsite I Have Been!

We took a buddies trip in October and it was the perfect spot for a getaway! Highly recommend and will be returning to this site in the future!! From Nich, Aaron, and Anthony From New Mexico!!

Great wooded campground

Very friendly staff, beautiful wooded campground with small pond. Plenty of shade. Great base camp to go explore lake Isabel and crested butte and black canyon.

Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!

Perfect established campground

Williams Creek is just about the perfect spot if all dispersed sites are full, or if you’re more comfortable with established campsites with toilets and hosts.

We stayed here during stage 1 fore restrictions so we could build a campfire.

Hosts were very friendly and kept the facilities immaculate. Firewood available for purchase from them.

The views here are incredible. Near 360 view of peaks and a crystal clear stream. Some premium sites are near the stream.

It’s about 40 minutes to Pagosa Springs due to washboard roads, but the drive itself is worth it.

Lots of Dispersed options

Miles of FS roads right off the main park entry road, 347, before you reach the park entrance.  Roads are pretty rough, but pick a site not too far along if you have a trailer.  I would not suggest trying to drive your class C or A in here-go into the park and pay for a spot.  Check conditions-muddy or snowy would definitely make access tough.  I went to watch the Leonids meteor shower (sad showing) and found a great spot open to the sky.  Plenty of spots with shade as well.  Endless hiking along the roads.

Please leave your site cleaner than you found it.

Camping just steps from downtown

Context is everything. This is a campground right at the edge of town, this is not a off-in-the-wilderness location. If you want to camp steps from top class restaurants and bars, you can't beat this place.

After four days on the road in very remote locations, our goal was to not cook or have to start the car even once and have a cheap place to stay in Telluride. Bingo. What a great facility. We got a great spot along the creek, deep in the trees where we could hang our hammocks, and close to the bridge into town. Showers and bathrooms were clean and safe to use in these days of COVID.

Only downside was the clumsy and time consuming process to reserve online. Well worth it.

Leave no trace.

Mountain beauty

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Basecamp — grounds that offer a comfortable home base that you’re happy to return to after a day of exploring the surrounding area. Ratings for this category are based on: Value to cost: 5 Overall grounds: 4 Utility of sites (hookups, layout, accessibility): 5 Local Attraction Proximity: 5 Reservation Process/Ease of Getting a Site: 4 Amenities: 4 Customer Service: 5 Cleanliness: 5

Ouray is a wonderful place… tucked away in the mountains, surrounded by peaks and pines. The Ouray KOA encapsulates that vibe. It is rustic and cozy with pine trees and cabins. The new owner is very new… having taken ownership in Jan 2020. We had some time to speak with him and he is a great guy. He was explaining his extended plan for the grounds and it sounds epic, and luxury. The current vibe is nice and we appreciated the wonky nature of the sites (we were tucked in right to a border fence and pretty close to our neighbors, but not in an overly imposing way). It’ll be interesting to see what the future holds for these grounds.

At any rate, we liked the layout. There is a cafe with actually good food! We got the breakfast burrito twice. The cafe is open for breakfast in mornings and live music and dinner on most evenings. The cabins looked great. Everything was clean and basic including dishwashing area, laundry and the office. There is a nice stream running through the grounds.

Historic Ouray is 15 minutes up the road as is the town hot springs. Ridgway is 10 minutes away and Ridgway State Park another 5. We were able to hike in the San Juan Mountains and drive the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton within an hour.

The park seems popular so you might want to plan your trip to Ouray ahead of time. The sites are a bit expensive but the area commands the cost. WiFi is useless, that was our biggest problem. This place is a solid 4.5 on its way to an optimized 5, but for now, we have to round down to a 4 star place.