The best TENT SITES camping near
Three Rocks , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Three Rocks Camping Reviews
So close yet seems so remote!

Basically no one there when we stayed. Some excellent hikes and good climbing if you're into that.

Quiet and secluded

Clean and well kept. Level ground all be it hard and difficult to get stakes in. I would return if ever in the area. Sites are well spaced and dead quiet at night. (No cell service with Verizon)

Great hiking trail

I was here mid Nov 20 for 3 days. Laguna mountain road trail is very strenuous The last leg of the trail(primitive trail) is not easy to follow. Someone has marked the trail with stacked rocks. To the summit is about 4.5 miles from the campground. The falls hike is a gradual incline both ways. There are only about 3 drive in spots and a walk-in spot above the trailhead gate. Restroom is there, I didn't use because of the pandemic. All spots occupied and several in and out hikers and hunters. You can get Verizon signal at the 1 mile mark of Laguna mountain road trail, Its climb though

Too crowded for my liking But I would stay here again.

What a great National park!

This is only my 5th National park and was beautiful. Lots of wildlife visitor's. The Park is also home to the California Condor. Bummer that we didn't see any. RV spots have electric plug in. We stayed in a 30 amp spot.

No respect during covid

Very unfortunate, a nice clean campground close to Pinnacles National Park but a lack of respect from the office. No one is wearing masks, enter at your own risk.

An Oasis in the Middle of Nowhere

After being on the road for 2 1/2 months this place was just what we needed for a stop over on our way NORTH on 101. Clean everything, perfect level cement pad, large very nice dog park with room for the pups to run and play and a friendly helpful staff. This would be a perfect place to explore Pinnacle National or Hearst Castle. There is nothing near buy, except a Shell station with the lowest diesel prices I’ve seen in California. We ordered dinner from Luigi’s (located in Gonzales) they delivered for free and the food was fantastic. We will definitely stay here again.

Incredible!!

Absolutely beautiful park!! We stayed at the beginning of the pandemic and only people with campground reservations were allowed in the park. This made it really peaceful and we only saw a couple other people on the trails.

Beautiful out-of-the-way park halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Lots of green space lots of room for kids to play full hook ups available .bathrooms are neat and clean. There is a nice free museum. It’s a county park reasonable rates $25 a night. Unfortunately it’s closed till 2021 due to COVID-19.

Underrated

Saw a lot of deer, birds and raccoons in the campground which is pretty cool!! Pinnacles is super underrated and out in the middle of nowhere, the campground was clean and not too busy. Kind of a far walk to the bathrooms, but you can’t have everything haha. Definitely would stay here again! If you visit you have to hike the steep and narrow section of the high peaks trail! Freaking amazing view and LOTS of condors up there! Also the raccoons were sneaking around the campsite as soon as the sun went down! They definitely do not fear humans like they do out in San Diego! Haha. Overall great experience! Be sure to have enough gas! If you’re coming from the south, it’s about 70 miles from the nearest gas station to the park (one way), great views along CA25!!

Minimalist, isolated campground

This was my first BLM camping experience and only second motorcycle camping experience overall.  I stayed at Condon Peak on July 4, 2020 after finding the sites further up on Coalinga Road full.  I also ended up back at Condon Peak on July 25, 2020.

IIRC, there are 6 sites.  Each site is large enough to park a decent sized RV, though getting up the rocky, gravel road may be a challenge.  Each site has an picnic shelter (no sides) with a table and a firepit, a few feet away.  There is one vaulted toilet (i.e. concrete outhouse) at the campground and no running water.

The sites are a good distance from each other (100+ft?) so you're not right on top of each other like some other campgrounds.  For tent camping, the ground where RVs normally park is pretty hard & packed which makes driving tent stakes difficult. I bent more than one.  The ground closer to the edge of the sites is softer but you lose your tent perimeter.

Bring *lots* of bug spray.  The flies and other biting insects start swarming almost immediately when you enter the campsites.  Some of the campsites have sizeable holes in the ground and it wasn't immediately clear (for us novices) if they were snake holes or rodent holes hence large tent perimeter and bent stakes.