the dyrt
About Oak Bottom RV Campsites
National Park Service
No WiFi
Oak Bottom RV Campsites is located in Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in California
2 Reviews of Oak Bottom RV Campsites
Can I just live here?

Crowded, but secluded. Our site had private water access and was a good distance from adjacent sites. I really can't say enough good things about my time here. Would've stayed longer if I didn't have to get back to the real world. This place has bear boxes and trash/recycling bins, showers, restrooms, a marina with rentals, a store, and they even had a movie night. But from our campsite, we sometimes feel like we were the only ones there. Absolutely loved it. Hot during the day, a little windy at night, make sure your tent is properly staked if it's close to the water.

Great for Shoulder Season

We camped in Oak Bottom in October when the days were hot and the evenings were cool. Because it's the shoulder season, their were fewer people there, which allowed us to have more space… no one in adjacent sites. However, if you are there during the high season, you will be crammed on top of one another. The only reason to tolerate that would be the close access to water. Again, because we were there during the late season, the water was low enough that it took some strategizing to get down there to get our SUPs in the water. Once we were in, it was perfect… cold and plenty deep. Oak Bottom is a tent only site, which is also a positive in my book. No generators or other vehicle sounds. The others in our area were also very quiet… no annoying music or loud voices during quiet hours. But, of course, that can't be guaranteed and I'm sure is different when the sites are filled since they are so VERY close together. Overall, I would recommend camping at Oak Bottom. If you're going during the busy season and you can afford it, reserve two spots!