Camping in Retta

180 Reviews of 20 Retta, Arkansas Campgrounds

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Excellent campground

Would be a 5 if they had more 50amp sites. Only 18 sites for RVers. However most sites have plenty of shade so we still love this place. Good hiking for various levels. Lodge close by if you don’t want to cook and fabulous sunsets from Cameron’s Bluff.

• Picnic table towards the back
  • Wider angle of the backside of the site. Notice they have fire pits and a tent or easy-up area also.
  • View of site from road
Month of VisitOctober
T
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Beautiful views

Last minute 2 night trip with my girls (6,8). I haven’t been this far up river since I was a kid, so I didn’t know what to expect. It’s a slow drive from the south on 7 (20mph speed limit in places), so account for the extra time to set camp before dark. We went during the week, so it was…

L
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Summertime

This park was nice, we had a nice secluded spot right by the lake. The swimming area was crazy busy the weekend we were there. The trail we went on was nice and the park interpreters were very informative!

Jason K.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Good clean campground.

We had a little trouble getting our 25' camper into site 06 but we did get it in. We had a good time canoeing and swimming at the beach.

• Canoeing
  • Beach
  • Cypress Trees
Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Amazing place to stay & climb

This ranch is beautiful and great for hiking and climbing. The environment is awesome and the place is well-managed. The sport climbing here in particular is really well maintained and the sandstone rock is grippy and clean. HCR is great; my friends and I have been coming there for years.

Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great campground

The campground is beautiful and has a nice walk down to the river. Would recommend to anyone who is headed to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch or the Buffalo National River.

Caradee F.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Good if you want to swim

The campground is smaller which I like but always busy. It's a good place for families that want to get into the river. Half the sites are near a tree line and the others out in the open. It's a very pretty area.

Leslie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Perfect place to go to relax and unplug.

We have been going here over 3 years and try to go 3 or 4 times a year. They continue to upgrade trails and add beautiful camping spots. This is a family room ranch and Donny and Lynn are wonderful hosts. I always come home feeling reconnected with myself and family

SiteMorning Dew
Caradee F.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great location

I enjoy this campground. There are nice sites and emenities. It's has a good place to put kayaks in the river and a few good trail heads right there. The road to it is not the best but it has improved. At the top of the road there is a general store to rent kayaks and a coin operated shower too.…

• Play button icon
Sitesite 16
Gabriel A.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Very Good Campground

Great campground with virtually every single amenity that you could think of. I really enjoyed my time here.

Amenities include potable water, flush toilets, showers, and a trash dumpster.

The only downside to this campground is that it can be moderately expensive.

• Bathrooms/Showers (bottom left) & Canyon Overlook @ Sunrise
SiteN/A
Jason W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Rough country

Road going in needs work but in fairness you're driving through Ozark mountain roads that wash out easily. Very remote and that invites less than reputable company. The river access was badly washed and we had to be careful even with 4wd about getting to and from to load up the kayaks.

• Buffalo National River take out at Spring Creek.
  • Half mile upstream from Spring Creek. Take out is poorly marked with a single pole measuring water height.
SiteDispersed
Toralf H.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great family river floating

We took a trip to the Buffalo Point Campground in mid July and it was awesome. Our elementary school age kids as well as the dogs enjoyed the river very much. And some easy hiking was also on our list.

SiteA5
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Arkansas is awesome for camping. Camping right along the river below Nimrod Dam

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Hidden Gem

This place is a true hidden gem. It is so close to the Buffalo River, Jasper, and Erbie Horse camp. We had such a great weekend with our family! Loved being away from all of the crowds in this secluded area.

• Welcome!
  • Campsite 2
  • View from the campground.
SiteWe stayed at campsites 1-3.
Teena  G.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great experience!

There is trails to hike, paddle boats, canoes and a great swimming hole. Especially love the fact that they don't let dogs on the beach where they can poop all over the place where you sit and walk I was very grateful for that because I've seen it in other places and it's disgusting. It's a great…