Camping in Hohokam Village

151 Reviews of 21 Hohokam Village, Arizona Campgrounds

Kiley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Desert Tortoise > Roadrunner

I stayed at Lake Pleasant for quite a while I’m December, I even spent my Christmas here. I preferred the dry camping in Desert Tortoise over the hookups & sites in Roadrunner. Roadrunner was lovely and families with big RVs and children seemed to enjoy it, but as a solo vanlifer, Desert…

• view from desert tortoise
  • view from desert tortoise
  • view from Roadrunner
Month of VisitJanuary
Clint  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great value as a TT member

We stayed at this property from 12/28/2020 - 01/11/2020.  This was our first experience with a TT/Encore property.  The RV site we were assigned has a rock pad, was moderately spacious, level, in full sun, and a fire ring or picnic table was not provided.  There was a pool, hot tub, lodge,…

SiteB49
Month of VisitJanuary
Atlan J.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Summer fun but water quality?

Out in the sun with family fun. You never know what lies in the depths of this “lake” with goggles on it seems even scarier.

Sitescorpion bay
A
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Donkeys

Stayed there for a weekend. It was beautiful and quiet and the donkeys kept us entertained

Jerry H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Nice park

This is a nice park with lots of amenities. Spaces are tight but it's clean and everybody is very nice.

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Barren empty landscape perfect for camping

As I usually do in places like this I will advise you should have an suv or truck and 4wd before even bothering with this area.

It’s remote as can be and there isn’t a single thing out here including cell service

As far as the camp site well it’s about a 40mi trek through the empty desert to…

gordon_ellwood@yahoo.com
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Reservation cancellation at Casa Grande RV Resort and Cottages

I gave 4 days note for cancellation of a reservation using their on-line procedure. I received an email reply acknowledging my cancellation and a comment that a representative would contact me. When no one did, I assumed that my notice of cancellation had been processed. WRONG!  I found out…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Very clean!

Great hookups and space between neighbors.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful desert campsite

We had a great stay at lost dutchman, lots of great hiking, and dog friendly attractions nearby.

Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Third trip out with the family

Went out to fine tune our camping setup with the family and a new tent. After several years away from camping, we are quickly learning the ropes. Lost Dutchman is close enough to town if we need supplies(which this trip proved to be needing) that we can go get what we need from Apache Junction.…

Andy K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Great campground

Wife’s first camping trip in a tent. She loved it.

Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Views and convenience

We are located about an hour away. This campsite allows us to enjoy a last minute camping trip close by. Still close enough to civilization that we can run into town to get things if need be. Family friendly. Feels like being in the desert when actually very close to the Phoenix metro.

l
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Beautiful view of flattop

We spent two beautiful days in lost Dutchman. The park is maintained immaculately. So much wild life. We had a family of ground squirrels that were cute as can be.

• ground squirrel family