Camping in Wyatt

131 Reviews of 4 Wyatt, Alabama Campgrounds

David H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Oak Mountain State Park

Very clean and restful place! Everyone was friendly and helpful if needed!

SiteB53
Month of VisitOctober
D H.
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Primitive camping

Was very peaceful relaxing experience. Lots to do eat if you like riding bikes. Beautiful place to take a couple days off or a week or so.

Siteprimitive camping
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Excellent park

Oak Mountain is great for camping, hiking, biking, fishing, water sports and golf . You can even catch a concert at the amphitheater!

Sitetent site 67
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Great Weekend Trip

Easily one of my favorite campgrounds to visit. Plenty of trails to walk or ride and just a great place to get away from town.

Month of VisitApril
Austin C.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Great place and friendly people

Sites are kinda tight but everyone was very friendly and nice to talk to. The vendors in the art cabins was very nice and had amazing work. Any thing you need is at the store also drinks food and simple rv necessities and firewood. And a lot of history and hiking.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Stayed at Equestrian Campground

Very happy at this campground. But there aren't many campers here. I think they are at the main campground. But regular RV campers are allowed at the Equestrian center. We are close to the farm/petting zoo. Also the horses are next to the campground. Very quiet and reasonably priced.

• the farm next to equestrian campground within walking distance
    Play button icon
  • goat relaxing at the farm
  • you can feed the animals for a minimal price
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Equestrian Campground

We stayed at the equestrian campground at Oak Mountain. It was very nice and quiet. Once you go through the gate take your first left and keep driving. We only stayed 2 nights and didn't get to see everything they have at the park. We want to go back!

• view from our RV Spot
Siteequestrian
Jaimie R.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

It could be better .

Great pool area (free for campers)…but the park needs a little love.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun!

We took our kids for the first time and it was a great trip! I’ve always lived Oak Mountain so I for sure go back as often as I can. We stayed on 42B which was an AMAZING site. My favorite one so far. There was a lot of traffic just because that was the way to get to the campground beach, but it…

Site42B
c
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Camping w grands

Cell/Wifi non existent. Office staff and rangers friendly and helpful.

Site35 b section
l
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Oak Mountain

Beautiful park and very well kept. If you can’t find something to do here you aren’t looking. Mountain Biking, road biking and very well payed out lanes. Tents, cabins, pull thoughts for classA’s. Just a beautiful park!!

Site14 pull through
Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Tight sites

We loved the history and beauty of THSP. Everyone was so friendly, but we felt like we were on top of the people beside us.

Month of VisitApril
Mara S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Nice National Forest Campground

I arrived without a reservation trying to get one of the first come first serve spots. There is a gate without intercom, so you can’t just drive up. I called the phone number listed and the woman on the phone gave me the gate code and told me which sites were available. Worked out pretty well.…

C
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Nice area for RV camping and boating

I went here for tent camping and had a nice time but it was mostly families with RVs. There is a nice lake where a lot of people were boating as well. I did the firefly loop and I was the only tent camper everyone else was in an RV. Restrooms at the campground were closed due to covid. Also they…

L
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2021

Great Respite

Third time staying at Oak Mountain and it was great. Stayed in B37. A20-27 are better but our trip was short notice. Decent size and pretty quiet. Bathrooms could use some updating but still pretty clean. Great hiking trails and lots of stuff to do!