Equestrian
Private
Front Royal RV Campground is located in Virginia
4 Reviews of Front Royal RV Campground
affordable

The camper cabin was nice and clean. The rest of the facilities were functional, but need some work (bathrooms and showers). Close to the North entrance of Skyline Dr.

Poor upkeep

Poor upkeep. Picnic tables falling apart and grass knee high. Very disappointed and left the next morning instead of staying a few days as we had intended. Had to drive through a small one lane road that actually went through a pasture field at one point.

Good for RVs

I was there of

Ver Labor Day weekend for Appaloosa music festival. They converted the horse trails and fields into campgrounds for the event so each campsite did t have the usual fire ring or picnic tabke, which was pretty inconvenient. The resprt is more for people wanting to stay in cabins or for thos who have an RV. They had a cute petting zoo and you could go horseback riding as well. There's a cafe and a gift shop on site and a pool area too. Im sure i would jave liked it better if the tent camping was actually part of the resort vs an after-thought.

Potential, but Poor Upkeep

A former KOA Campground, this place has everything you could need! Problem is apparently nothing has been kept up since it dropped the KOA from the name. Pool not too shabby. Minigolf - covered in leaves and growing moss/mildew/who knows what? Showers - Moldy, doors warped from moisture, CRAZY SMALL!!(not to mention the automatic lights only stay on for 2 min, and you have to get out of the shower in the dark windowless room and jump around to reactivate the beat up motion sensor!) We stayed in a tent site, and at check in they told us to go the opposite way on the one way road to get to our site near the exit. After driving the correct route one day I know why - the road had been rutted and washed away in MANY places. Our site had electrical hookups, but it was almost too scary to plug anything in. Moss or Mildew was growing on EVERYTHING in this campground. Coming from Colorado where everything is dry I thought this might just be a normal thing for the area, especially since I knew there had been lots of rain that spring, but after travelling further on our vacation (3 weeks on the Blue Ridge Parkway, NC, and TN) I found this to be the absolute WORST campground we stayed in BY FAR!! It is in desperate need of a good powerwashing! Half the washers/dryers in the laundry area didn't work. I didn't even want to wash my dishes in the utility sink because they were better off with crusty food on them! I will not stay here again without Proof the place has been cleaned up!