Water Unknown
About Wickiup

Wickiup Campground sets off of Forest Road 15 tucked amongst trees, next to Canyon Creek, the perfect place to relax in the shade during the summer months and listen to the creek flow past.  This is a beautiful campground that offers opportunities for picnicking and stream fishing.  The campground is a good starting point for hiking, viewing wildlife and hunting during the summer and fall months.  During the winter the entry to the campground makes a great starting point for snowmobile riders.

National Forest
Wickiup is located in Oregon
Directions
From John Day, OR. travel south on US Highway 395 approximately 10 miles to the junction with County Road 65.  Follow County Road 65 approximately 7 miles the campground will be on the right.
2 Reviews of Wickiup
I grew up caming here.

Since i was real young my family would always go here and we have a camp spot that we called the hilton. I will always go there for the rest of my life. I 100% recommend.

Simple and quiet

This out-of-the-way campground was small and full of trees. It was very shady, quiet, and clean. There was, unfortunately, cow poop all over the place, luckily, we had a shovel. I believe that is a seasonal issue. There is a nice creek that runs through the campground.