No Fires
No Pets
Water Unknown
About Mill Creek (Texas)

Mill Creek Park is a large, comfortable campground on the Sam Rayburn Reservoir, also known as Lake Sam Rayburn, tucked in the piney woods of southeast Texas. The lake and the surrounding Angelina National Forest, provide a welcoming home for bald eagles in winter. The rare red-cockaded woodpecker also resides in the forest here.

Recreation

Fishing at the reservoir is wildly popular, with frequent fishing tournaments. Catches include largemouth bass, crappie and catfish.

Birding is also big, with chances to see warblers, vireos and other migratory songbirds. A resident population of wood ducks remains in the forest throughout the year.

Facilities

The park features 110 campsites with water and electric hookups. There's also a group shelter, boat ramp, designated swimming beach, a playground, and volleyball court for family entertainment.

Natural Features

The campground is on the southeast shores of Sam Rayburn Reservoir. The lake boasts over 114,000 surface acres, making it the largest man-made lake that's completely located in Texas.

Nearby Attractions

From the eastern edge of the lake, hikers can embark on a 28-mile trail that heads east to the Toledo Bend Reservoir.

ADA Access: N

No Showers
No Water Hookups
Mill Creek (Texas) is located in Texas
Directions
From Jasper, TX take US 96 N 18 mi to Brookeland, TX, then Loop 149 for 2 miles to the intersection w/Spur 165. Go west 1 mile to the park entrance.
4 Reviews of Mill Creek (Texas)
One of my faves

This was one of my friends and my favorite place to visit in college. We would go camping as much as we could because we wanted to escape school. We loved our stay here. We were able to fit 2 tents in 1 spot. I believe it was $12 a night to stay here, so it was super cheap for my friends and I for s fun weekend. We got up early and went hiking with our dogs and enjoyed the fire in the evening in our campsite making s’mores. I remember when we were here the weather was perfect. Too many bugs, but we made sure to keep our tent closed and bug spray on. We bought our firewood from a store about 20’ miles away from the campground, so definitely bring your own or make sure to buy it at the closest spot you see. Bathroom on site and there is also a playground for kids. Horseshoe was also available to play. The rangers were awesome!!

Blast

My family and I stayed here a few summers back and had a great time. The location was great, right off the road and easy to find. You do have to do down a gravel dirt road, and when we went on it it must have rained the day before because the road was pretty muddy but doable. The campground is great, and next to a lake. You are surrounded by the lake and beautiful trees. It is a great place to stay if you love the water, hiking, and fishing. We also saw quite a few people bird watching, so if that is something you enjoy then I would recommend this place. I don't bird watch, but we asked a couple who were bird watching if it was worth it and they said absolutely! There are quite a few campsites, over 100 I would say. They are great size, and come with a picnic table and fire ring. There is also water and electrical hook ups. There also are some great activities on site- like a volleyball court, swimming area, playground, and an area to picnic. Can't say enough great things about this place. Go visit!

Nice camp ground with full showers and bathrooms designated swimming area

These are full hook up sites only no tent sites

Mill Creek

Camp ground was okay. Facilities were dirty by the end of the day but the camp ground was also packed when we were there. Doesn't seem like quiet hours are enforced as there was music playing at a couple different sites all night long. Is fun if you are looking for a party atmosphere though.