Nature

US Army Corps of Engineers

Overview

Add Campground Info

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite

Stay Connected

• 50 amp Hookups
  • Water Hookups
  • Max Length: 63 ft.

Reviews

6 Reviews of Mill Creek (texas)

Ratings Breakdown

• 3
Amanda
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

Great escape

I went here with two friends for a long weekend. We are tent campers, and it was great for us. The bathrooms were kept very clean and restocked with toilet paper daily. Most of the campsites along the water have a little beach that you can take advantage of. Of it were warmer, we definitely would…

Kelly G.
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2020

Busy for December

Meh. I had higher hopes for this campground. Showers were heated, but the water was cold and you had to continually push the button. Sites were large but not private. I had a lake site and the people across the road parked their fishing boat on the shore in front of my campsite and were constantly…

Skylar M.
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2018

One of my faves

This was one of my friends and my favorite place to visit in college. We would go camping as much as we could because we wanted to escape school. We loved our stay here. We were able to fit 2 tents in 1 spot. I believe it was $12 a night to stay here, so it was super cheap for my friends and I for…

Mill Creek (texas) is located in Texas

Directions

From Jasper, TX take US 96 N 18 mi to Brookeland, TX, then Loop 149 for 2 miles to the intersection w/Spur 165. Go west 1 mile to the park entrance.

Coordinates

94.00638867 W

Open in Google Maps

Nearby Campgrounds

About This Campground

Overview

Mill Creek Park is a large, comfortable campground on the Sam Rayburn Reservoir, also known as Lake Sam Rayburn, tucked in the piney woods of southeast Texas. The lake and the surrounding Angelina National Forest, provide a welcoming home for bald eagles in winter. The rare red-cockaded woodpecker also resides in the forest here.

Recreation

Fishing at the reservoir is wildly popular, with frequent fishing tournaments. Catches include largemouth bass, crappie and catfish.

Birding is also big, with chances to see warblers, vireos and other migratory songbirds. A resident population of wood ducks remains in the forest throughout the year.

Facilities

The park features 110 campsites with water and electric hookups. There's also a group shelter, boat ramp, designated swimming beach, a playground, and volleyball court for family entertainment.

Natural Features

The campground is on the southeast shores of Sam Rayburn Reservoir. The lake boasts over 114,000 surface acres, making it the largest man-made lake that's completely located in Texas.

Nearby Attractions

From the eastern edge of the lake, hikers can embark on a 28-mile trail that heads east to the Toledo Bend Reservoir.

Connection Details

We rate connection speeds from campers like you who submit speed tests with Field Reports.

• Good- 10+Mbps

Campers can make calls and send texts & emails, watch an HD movie, play multiplayer games, and more.

• Fair- 3Mbps-10Mbps

Campers can make calls, send texts & emails, video chat, stream video, and play online games.

• Poor- 0Mbps-3Mbps

Campers might be able check email, send texts, and make calls.

• Available-

Campers have been able to connect here but we don’t know the quality of the connection.

• Unknown-

Connectivity is not known for this campground.