About Martin Creek Lake State Park
No Sewer Hookups
Martin Creek Lake State Park is located in Texas
6 Reviews of Martin Creek Lake State Park
Nice but Noisy

There's a power plant over there. Didn't know that when I booked my site.

Nice short distance hiking trail, I enjoyed quite a bit.  The sites were clean, well kept. The bathrooms were also clean (Always a good thing to have!) Lots of fishing boats, and plenty of room for parking for the day.

I'd camp there again.

Great, quiet

We would camp here again, not full hook ups but the staff was the best we have ever runn across. Very helpful in every aspect. Swim area, alot of trails. Quiet campground

Screened Shelter - BEST EVER! and oddly, no mosquitoes !?

There are many options to camp at this state park. There’s RV sites, tent sites (both primitive and “cushy”), cabins, cottages and screened shelters. my past experience with screened shelters were always dusty, dank, spider-filled shacks that I would only store my cooler and belongings in (tightly sealed) but these at Martin Creek were IMMACULATE to say the least! They seem cob-webby from the outside but once inside, the concrete floor is smoother up the edges of the walls about 2.5’, reducing entry of insects via cracks in the joints of floor and wall. The park employees vacuum these areas, as observed when I passed others that had recently vacated. The rafters in these shelters were spaced out far enough for me to hang my hammock. 4 people slept inside without air mattresses or camp pads and slept wonderfully (flat surfaces are good for our spines sometimes) not a big in sight. There is an electrical outlet inside as well as a light, and there is an outlet outside as well. Small lock on inside, watr spigot and doIble lantern hook nearby as well as a wooden/metal picnic table (good condition). I slept in Shelter #6 and it was a few yards away from the water’s edge. Great views of a small lilly-pad laced bay and we caught 7 catfish using normal nightcrawlers as bait. Fried them up for lunch the next day and they tasted like heaven! But, everything tastes better when you’re camping. We had also set up 4 tents around the area (not disturbing local flora/fauna) and we slept to the deafening croaks of frogs. Only 1 raccoon came upon our camp area to a spot where someone had thrown a corn cob, otherwise, we take all the necessary steps to avoid crossing paths with those relentless nighttime furry bandits. Shelters 7-9 are also located in great areas of the lake nearby, there is the power plants across the lake and for some reason, we like to believe that it was the reason we had ZERO mosquitoes! Many house flies and the non-biting ants were everywhere but not to the point of insanity… they list this ant as an issue on their website I do believe. I’d take this shelter over a hotel stay ANY TIME!

good family camping

great place to family camp

Great campgrounds

We stayed in mid November 2017. Weather started off a little warm on Friday, 81F. Again on Saturday with a high of 82F but a cold front came through and dropped the temperature over night to 37F. Large campsites on the the lake shore with many trees around. Our campsite had a spot to put in the lake with our kayaks. Restrooms were near by and very clean. Bring your own soap as the Star Parks do not provide any in restrooms.

Great hiking trails on the island. Other trails allow bikes.

Good time!

Just got home from outer first trip to Martin Creek Lake St Park. We had a good time. Though I grew up camping, my wife was slow to come around to it. We took our 3 kids and camped on their primitive island. We enjoyed the hiking trail, playground and did some fishing. We got a spot on the point of the island and had pretty much the whole island to ourselves. Overall we had a good time and would suggest it to anyone else!