Camping in Porters Grove

82 Reviews of 6 Porters Grove, Tennessee Campgrounds

gaetan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy stay

Nice state campground we arrive for one night and that was just about right there’s several trails around the lake you can go boating in the lake with the kayak if you wish though there’s paddle boats for rent camp pads are pretty large depending what you get we stayed in 97 which was pretty great…

Nikki W.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Good campground

We came in late and they told us to just find an empty spot. Staff were great. Only thing I did not like was the swimming area. Full of Goose poo.

Meagan L.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Nice Weekend

We enjoyed a nice weekend at Reelfoot. It rained the week before so the sites were very muddy. There’s a nice playground for the kids. The higher number sites are by the highway so there’s a lot of noise.

E
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

Even though my campsite was between the bathhouse and the playground (tent area 93) it was a peaceful stay. Would stay again but maybe not that .

SiteTent 93
Michael W.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Great little hidden Gem

Let me start by saying that the Rangers who run this place are top notch folks. The head Ranger stopped in a couple times every day to ask if we needed anything and to inquire about our opinion of the new site (more on this later). The facilities were well maintained, and a pleasant surprise for…

• no check in station so here are the camp rules
  • Museum Cannon
Jenn W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it

It was nice and enjoyable

Thomas W.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Historical

Small but nice campground.   Sites are decent and paved.  Facilities are adequate and clean.  Nice hiking trails but trail to the old fort wasn't clearly marked and difficult to follow, use a map.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Nice Place

We usually use Pin Oak CG at Natchez Trace State Park when we are traveling through Tennessee.  Many nice sites, and a few that aren't as nice.  But well worth stopping and enjoying the lake and peacefulness.  Our first time there was in 2014 and that is when I took the photos.

• Lake nearby
  • Lake and playground
  • Maggie
Month of VisitNovember
Jared B.
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Airport side review

We had spot 5 and 6. The area is quiet and nice it’s right next to a little airport that no one really uses. The water is on the wrong side on the site so bring a extra hose.

L
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

When My Soul longs for Peace

A cozy lake. Friendly horses grazing. Long hot showers. Nighttime rain on the rv roof. Empty weekday bliss. Happy electrical help at 10 pm. A private pearl.

Timothy The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Beautiful park!!!

The restaurant is amazing (order the catfish). There is a beautiful lake but we did not catch any fish. The space was rather large, needs some trees but beautiful anyway. Hiking, fishing & very clean.

Rachel C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Little slice of heaven

After the Covid lockdowns, this was the perfect getaway for our family. The bathrooms were clean, the campsites were a good size and well shaded.  We went to the beach at Cub Lake for hours every day!  There were several playgrounds around the campgrounds, I'm sure we tried them all.  We had an…

• Fun beach!
Bradley C.
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

Some Happy Campers

I've been going here since I was a youngn' and it never fails to disappoint. Nice views with nice people all around and some of the hottest showers of you life. 10/10 would recommend.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2020

Best group camp

We stayed in the group site that will hold up to 200 people for Halloween and it was perfect. The group site is away from all the other sites so you have plenty of room for children of all ages to run around and play without disturbing other campers. It’s very roomy and beautiful. You do have to…

Daniel L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2020

Good spot for a stop over on a road trip

We were passing through Memphis and stayed overnight at Fort Pillow. The staff in the office were not super friendly or helpful. I had to ask for everything, like a campsite map to my site, a trail map, and buying firewood. Nothing was offered, so definitely ask. The layout is also backwards. You…