Camping in Kirby

80 Reviews of 13 Kirby, Tennessee Campgrounds

Tamara B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Stairs

Campsites for tents are down long rustic stairs. Our site had 20 broken rock steps from parking to site and no handrail. Lake view was beautiful however so we had a nice time. We took a kayak down the Caney Fork. Canoe the Caney shuttle service was the best we’ve ever used.

Erica C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Lake views are the best

Stayed for 5 days on a lakeside site- it was beautiful, mostly clean (goose droppings), and pretty spacious! Still a new campground next to an established marina. Some construction is still going. They are adding more sites and a small pool to the existing amenities like a beach, a hammock pergola,…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

Grant B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Beautiful Scenery and Friendly Staff

We really enjoyed our text stay at Ragland Bottom campground. Even with it being a holiday weekend, the bathrooms were incredibly clean and the site did not feel crowded. We stayed at tent only site 22 and it had power and water. The gravel was on the coarser side and the pad was a bit rocky, but I…

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
Quincy J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

First trip

AWWWWWEEESSSOMMMEEEE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN THANKS TO THE ENTIRE STAFF THE GUEST WERE EVEN AWESOME TOO😊😊😎

E
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Absolutely Beautiful

We had a full hook up site in Area 3. The sites were very roomy in our area. The sites were very well maintained and so were the restrooms. It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to get a hike in and enjoy the beauty of this park.

• Enjoying a break from the rain.
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Closest access to Nashville attractions

Overall this is a good campground. It is right on the lake and probably the best access to downtown Nashville and other attractions. It is part of a water park which was closed when we were there, which might change things. Sites are spaced out well and easy to access. WiFi and cell were both…

M
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Off the beaten path

I stayed here three nights in my RV. Also, this was my first ever camping trip in my RV or any RV.

As others have said, no cell for the most part. I have Verizon and I was able to send and receive messages for the most part.

The bathrooms and showers were clean, as well as the entire area.…

C
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2021

We absolutely love this place!

2020 was our first year camping and we loved salt lick creek camping. The camp ground was so clean, and nice. We would recommend this place to anyone.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2021

Great Campground

This COE campground is great.  We were in site 68 and had plenty of room.  The site had plenty of space, level,  and fairly easy to back into.  the only downside is that the site did not have sewer hookup.  There was no cell phone coverage on ATT network.

J
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2020

Beautiful park!

We have camped here twice this year! Nice to be able to get away and not to far from home!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2020

Beautiful park, close campsites

Beautiful park with tons to do. Campsites in area 1 were a little close together. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal grill. Bathrooms and showers available close by. Reserve early because it seems the campground is always full. Like most parks/forests, you cannot bring your own…