Eastview, TENNESSEE

Most Recent Eastview Camping Reviews
Nice place

Nice campground with clean bathhouse. We arrived very late at night and the staff were very nice and helpful. The only bad thing about this place is all of the Geese at the swimming area.

Well rounded campground

Ill start with amenities. The bathrooms are nice and clean. Little dated externally but regularly cleaned. A lot to do in the park! Hiking, fishing, kayak/canoeing, swimming, and disc golf. The park rents kayaks and canoes. Reservations recommended. The campsites are decent. They have primitive or water/electric. We always opt for the RV sites. Bring ant spray! Major ant problems every time we have camped here! One of my favorite “local to me” campgrounds! Would get 5 stars if the would mow more frequently. Grass areas always seem to need to be mowed when we go! Pool is well kept and clean. Fun disc golf course. Beautiful, rustic cabins are an option here as well. Hiking is a must here. Numerous trails from novice to difficult.

Nice park, mehhh campground

I really like the tent area campground. Very accessible to the water & bridge. The horse trailer campground is nice and also close to the water. However, the RV campground is not close to the water and that was super disappointing. Lots of upgraded sites though and they are working on upgrading the bathrooms in the RV campground. The pads seemed level enough, but the sites were small and hilly. Ground also very soft and muddy, I guess from the recent construction. Very limited cell service in the park.

This campground is easily accessible. The bathhouse was a little ruff but with shower shoes, you will survive. Campsites are easy to get in and out of and the folks I meet including the park attendant were really good people.

Great campout

Nice quiet campground. Very clean facilities. Well maintained state park and a very friendly and welcoming staff. Lots for everyone, young and old.

Pretty, free campground on the water

I have camped here twice so far and it is a nice, basic campground. We tent camped but there were a couple of RV's there, so I know there are places for them. It is on a nice stretch of the Tennessee River, and you can swim, fish, and boat there. Plenty of camp sites and very spacious. Popular with the locals and fairly secluded. Pretty woodland all around. There is a bathhouse with toilets, sinks, and cold showers. The bathhouse is pretty centrally located and there are electric lights around it. Usually not crowded. Plenty of dead wood to collect for firewood. There is a covered area with picnic tables near the bathhouse. Also a few picnic tables around the grounds. There are also plenty of trash cans and fire pits. You can park right next to your site. Very good for family camping. Within a few miles there are a couple of gas stations/convenience stores. Some cell service works out there, some not so much.

Family vacation

We have traveled here 2 times to vacation. We stayed a week in one of the cabins at the park. The park is beautiful from the swing bridge, rock formations and lake. There are also plenty of outdoor activities to do… Hiking, Frisbee golf, fishing and sight-seeing. We truly enjoyed our stay.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit at Chickasaw Rustic State Park

Campground Review:

On Friday, August 23, 2019 my son Charlie and I camped at Chickasaw State Park to celebrate his ninth birthday. We couldn’t have found a better park than this one. It reminds me of the classic summer camps I saw on television as a kid: beautiful lake, horses, stables, paddle boats and canoes, and even a well maintained swimming hole. They even have three birds of prey on display for visitors to enjoy. From our arrival to the moment we left, the rangers and staff made us feel welcomed and safe. Ranger Brittany helped me find the perfect site and even checked in later to make sure that we were completely satisfied with the spot. Who wouldn’t be? The campsite was located right on Lake Placid in the middle of almost 15,000 acres of state forest. Each campsite in the tent campground had a new picnic table, a fire ring, access to potable water, and a grill. Our campsite, number 109, was located right next to a large handicapped parking spot that is big enough for a very large handicapped van. The parking spot was constructed on level ground with concrete. Campsite 109 was far away from the bathroom, but the trail to it was beautiful and made even the most hasty trip pleasant walking. Campsite 109 also had easy access to the pier which spans the width of the lake. My son and I enjoyed walking out into the middle of the lake and seeing the expanse of the Milky Way(what a treat!). There’s great firewood for sale at the stables for$6.00 a box. This is the best campfire wood I’ve ever purchased. It burned slow and steady leaving us enough to pass on to one of our neighbors the next morning. I would suggest spending at least two nights here. We only spent one, and my son and I didn’t want to leave. There’s so much we didn’t get to see and do at this park. This place is a real gem. I’ll guarantee that you will feel like you’re back at summer camp. By the way, don’t forget to bring a good lantern or flashlight with you: you will need it since many of the trails to the bathroom and out to the pier are very dark at night. This just helps you to see the stars better.

………………….

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the opportunity to test some of the latest and coolest camping products on the market. On my camping trip to Chickasaw, my son and I tried out the Grub Stick Deluxe Kit. What a fun way to cook over a campfire! In my kit I received two telescopic poles which have well made attachments such as the Grub Cage, Grub Fork, Burg Cage, and Grub Tube that attach to the end of the telescopic poles.

We used the Burg Cage for supper and it made awesome burgers. They had that perfect campfire flavor. My son enjoyed getting to cook his own food rather than waiting for dad to cook it on the grill. The handles are very comfortable to hold, and they were just the right size for my son’s smaller hands. The whole time he was using it, I kept hearing wows. It’s great when a company makes a camping product that engages children in cooking. The Grub Stick does just that.

The kit also came with special grips like the finger grabber and the hot pad to help open and close the cages and other attachments. You can really tell that the makers of the Grub Stick thought of everything when they were designing this.

One of the things that was really fun was the Grub Cage. It left me wondering,“where have you been all my life?” Instead of building the S’more AFTER roasting the marshmallow on a stick, you build it in the cage and toast the whole thing. I think this is the way the S’more was always meant to be. Everything, including the graham crackers, oozes with sugary, toasty goodness.

For breakfast, we used the Grub Tube and wrapped it with bacon and croissant rolls. It was as good as it sounds. As I was cooking, I kept thinking of other things that could be cooked over the fire using this kit. I’m excited to have it in my cooking kit now, and I see us using this quite often especially on those winter camping trips when we want to stay close to the fire.

Overall, this is a great product for engaging kids in camping. The Grub Stick will allow my kids to come up with their own recipes, put them together on their own, and then try them out on the fire. They love being a part of the cooking part of camping, and the Grub Stick is the perfect tool for this.

I did have an issue with one of the telescopic handles. After cooking three burgers, one of the telescopic handles broke. I contacted customer service, and they went above my expectations to not only replace it but to help me understand their product even more. Most people expect things to be returned with“no questions asked,” but this isn’t how Grub Stick operates. They asked for pictures and a description of the failure so they can make sure their product gets better and better. I wouldn’t hesitate at all to order more from this company. It’s great when people not only believe in their product but also stand by it and are always looking for ways to improve it. They sent a replacement immediately, and I can’t wait to get this back out in the field.

Ben Patton's Campground!

Right across the street from the Tiffin Service Center

Tiffin Service Campground

it's a parking lot. But when you need service on your Tiffin - it is the perfect place to be!!!

There is also a parts store on site!

Great Place To Call Home For The Night

My son Conner and I stayed at Pickwick Landing State Park on Monday night, July 15. We arrived after dark, but thanks to a park staff member I called earlier, we had an amazing campsite(#18) waiting for us when we arrived. Campsite#18 is located near the bathrooms and shower areas. The restroom and shower building had 8 individual shower rooms with fold down benches. Each of them were big enough to allow someone in a wheelchair to use them. Both the bathrooms and the shower rooms were clean and well stocked. The park staff cleaned them thoroughly the next morning as we prepared to leave. Each campsite has a picnic table, asphalt drive, a fire ring, grill, and lantern post. These sites also have power and water, but they do not have trash cans at the campsite. Trash must be taken from the campsite to the dump station by the campers. If you’re camping here make sure to bring your own trash bags. The sites seemed well spaced and all of them probably have full shade most of the day due to the mixture of pine and hardwood trees that fill the camp. A gas station/bait shop/oyster bar is about a mile away from the camp grounds. Grocery stores and other restaurants are within 5 miles. Though this was a quick camping trip for us(we went to see the Shiloh Battlefield and Shiloh Indian Mounds), the trip was made a little easier by having an efficient, comfortable, and peaceful campsite to call home for a few hours. Be on the lookout for our nighttime visitor Lester the curious racoon. He checked out our campsite after we went to bed looking for an easy meal. Luckily, we had put all of our food securely in the car before calling it a night. This is another 5 star Tennessee State Park campground. Sidenote: We enjoyed a good lunch at a place called the Rib Cage just a few miles from camp. Conner recommends the ribs but not the hot sauce.

Quick Stay

My friends and I had a great time at Buffalo Bud’s. We stayed one night, two days, and kayaked on our second day. The 10 mile section we floated was great for everyone who was with us! We stayed at the more primitive sites and had a quiet and excellent stay. Steve was great and super accommodating. He went over and beyond to give us what we needed!

Clean but poor Management

Upon arrival for a month long water and electric stay I signed a receipt for one site and was directed to set up in a different site (for which our parking tags were filled out for). When we arrived at the alternate site it was poorly marked and it didn’t have water hookup so I went back to the office to clarify if we were in the right place and the owner told me it was the site to the left of the marker with both hookups. Lo and behold her husband came around the next day and said we were in the wrong spot and we’d have to move. On day 3 she came by and said we were fine and would be ok to stay there for the month. 2 days later she came back and said we could only stay there two weeks and then would have to move to the site next to ours for the rest of the month. Another family occupied that site later in the week for a weeklong stay and left after two days because the stench of the sewage leaking from the seasonal camper in the lot adjacent to it was horrific. We ended up leaving after our two weeks because we were tired of the back and forth and the cost for 2 weeks vs a month was virtually the same. Upon talking to other families, we weren’t the only ones who were told they would have to move during their stay.

The campground itself was clean and upkept. The beach was nice. Very shallow swimming which was perfect for young kids. Laundry (one washer and dryer) on site and the bathhouse was kept clean and maintained.

Beautiful scenery

Clean campground with great scenery. Nice beach for swimming and some gorgeous water front camp sites.

Beautiful Setting

Beautiful southern Tennessee setting. Bathrooms didn’t appear to have been cleaned while we were there. Checking the facilities every few hours would be a priority on a holiday weekend but evidently it wasn’t.

Peaceful Camping!

We've visited Tishomingo State Park twice in the last few months.  The first was in February when we stayed at the cabins.  They have big porches, a kitchen, bathroom, and two beds which was perfect for two couples to visit.  They are quite old, but it adds to the charm of the cabins.  We had a fire in the fire pit at night, played disc golf, hiked, and walked down to the river to sit a bit.  Such a nice weekend!

Easter weekend we took our camper to Tishomingo State Park.  It was a lovely time despite the rain on Friday night!  We spent one afternoon playing disc golf and hiking.  The hiking trails are lovely!  Our dog enjoyed it too.  On Easter weekend, there is a huge Easter egg hunt for children which drew a lot of people.

Country campground

This campground was renovated over the last year and there appears to be a few things left to be done but overall a nice, pleasant escape from town. Be prepared to have a drive to town for provisions & restaurants. There bathhouses have a lot left to be desired but the sites are all paved with fire rings, grills & picnic tables. Most sites appear to be fairly level.

Such a beautiful park!

We stayed on site 61. The spaces are all on or near the water. There’s plenty of wood to gather for campfires. The park has beautiful hiking trails and the ride down the Natchez Trace Parkway to get there is a must take drive, free of red lights, billboards and traffic with many amazing points of interest along the way. Highly recommend!

Lakeside camping

Beautiful second campground, part of Pickwick Landing State Park. Over half the campsites are on the water. Older campground, sites are a little uneven. Boat launch on site. 4 unisex bathrooms, could use some updating.  Primitive camping, no electric or water. A few sites are big enough for a small RV.

Newly renovated

Nice level campsites with white rock. Primitive camping, no water or electric. Not big enough for RVs. Nice bathrooms, excellent showers.

Very pretty with lots of hiking trails and a lake for fishing.

Lots of shade

Beautiful park. Nice & clean with recent updates to the bath house. The park is nice & quiet if you’re looking for some relaxation. If you like to fish then you’ll love Pickwick. The fishing is great! They have boat rentals but it’s too expensive in my opinion. The lodge has a delicious buffet if you get there while it’s fresh. The biggest negative is the sites are not level. Some are pretty bad. But they are spacious and are almost all shade.

Mixed Feelings

Camped & Hiked Tishomingo State Park last weekend. Beautiful fall colors and the hike was gorgeous! This place seems so out of place for Mississippi! With that being said…The campground was a disappointment. There was a handful of decent sites, but overall, it is in disrepair. The bathroom towards the back of the loop was already closed for the season. The middle bathroom only had one toilet working in the women’s and men’s restroom (we don’t have a bathroom in our Aliner popup and there were also lots of tent campers). I literally had to wait in line a couple of times to use the bathroom. Many sites were washing out under the pads and had steep drop offs on the sides (especially the single digit site #’s). The tables and fire pits (some sites didn’t even have a real pit, just a spot on the ground where there was signs of a fire) were really far away and some sites appeared to be in a soggy bottom area. We got semi lucky and had a decent spot. (Site 33). The sites that back up to the woods instead of the pond are flatter for those who find that more important. Maybe we are just spoiled to nicer state parks where they take more pride in the upkeep? Just the little details that don’t cost extra money, but instead just needs someone to do it (blowing leaves off the major roads and parking areas - we couldn't see the road to turn into the campground!!!, cleaning graffiti, clearing massive mounds of debris, etc…) I don’t know if they are suffering from budget cuts, if someone is robbing the place blind or if the staff just works there because it’s a job but doesn’t really care about the park itself. It’s sad because this should be a premier destination spot in Mississippi! I don’t want to deter anyone from going here because the landscape is really nice. I just got worked up because I don’t understand how other parks are able to maintain, but this one seems to really be struggling with how to keep this place nice.

On the water!!

Love love this campground!! We stayed right on the water, the spots are big and spacious. Fire pits provided, very clean with great walking trails, dog friendly. Easy access!!

Pleasant and affordable place to camp

We arrived just before 5pm on a Sunday at the end of October and had no problem securing a site. If you are over 65, you pay the same for a site with water and electric as you would for a primitive site ($16). Compared to other states, this was a pleasant surprise. Many sites back up to the lake and have generous sized concrete pads. Most we saw appeared level. Our picnic table was down a hill by the water so it was a hike to it but very pleasant for eating. I would imagine that at other times of the year staying here might not be so pleasant (heat and humidity plus we saw the remains of some HUGE ant hills). No fire rings but it looks like previous visitors may have built fires in the sandy area near the beach. Bathrooms were reasonably clean but they don’t have soap. I also don’t understand why there was one across from site 12 and one more not far down the road but for the last half of the loop, there weren’t any (except for one that had a closed sign and appeared to be more “rustic”). I’m guessing that people in those sites have fully equipped RVs. Good cell service for Verizon in the campground. Nice hiking trails - we liked the Outcroppings Trail. Evidence of the work of the CCC in the Park, especially the swinging bridge. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Peaceful and secluded

Great pad sites for RV Trailer, very private well laid out the restrooms are very clean. Reasonable cost and if you have an America the Beautiful card site is 50% off. Very little Verizon Signal if any at times. Really out of the way about 30 minutes from NTP and about 40 minutes from Tupelo.

Best RV park in Savannah,TN

This campground is well maintained. The grounds are Meticulously maintained, the staff will do everything possible to make your stay as pleasant as possible. There is a beautiful pool open seasonally, all sites will accommodate large Rigs, with full power (20amp, 30amp, 50amp) service. Sewerage and fresh water. There is strong WiFi and basic cable is included. I’ve camped here a few times now and couldn’t be more happier. This is a pet friendly park, ( Fido, just need to be on a leash and picked up after.) There are showers, bathrooms and 24/7 laundry facilities. So come as strangers, leave as friends.

All sites are excellent….

Primitive camping at it’s best! Newly renovated sites!

The sites at this park are beautiful and it’s been one of my favorite camping spots for as long as I can remember. The new renovations make it top notch. If they added electric and water hookups, this place would be booked solid! Nice clean bath house. Very friendly staff and ranger. Great hiking! Canoe and kayak rentals available, but beware of stumps. Beautiful scenery and wildlife abounds. Planning to revisit in November or December and take advantage of a warmer than usual weekend.

Peaceful with a water view

Quiet, well maintained Corp of Engineers camp ground.

Nice campground!

Really nice campground on Bay Springs Lake. The majority of the sites have some view of water and the lakefront sites are plentiful. Sites 55-81 are not close to the water and have less shade. However, they are first come first serve instead of reservations. We stayed on site 124 and really liked that loop. Bathrooms are clean, but no AC, so they are a little muggy. I would recommend avoiding sites that back up to the basketball courts unless you have younger kids and are fine with the noise level. They appear to have upgraded the sites recently with fresh gravel and concrete borders, so that was very nice! . The lake is nice and clean with tons of coves. Lots of people using their kayaks as well as fishing boats and pontoons. It was neat to watch the barges go by. Next trip i want to watch one go through the locks! . Amenities: Fire pits, picnic tables, lantern post, grills, Bathrooms w/showers, laundry facility, multiple playgrounds and basketball courts, boat ramp, fish cleaning station, fishing pier, volleyball court, amphitheater, swim beach (seasonal).

Uneven Campsites But Great Views

I was in the area checking out Shiloh National Battlefield and they recommended me check out this state park for accommodations for the evening. It was less than 10 minutes up the road and noted to be a resort style state park because they have lodge accommodations and also a restaurant.

When I checked it out it seemed to be a popular place for fishing, though I don't fish, and the lake itself has a swimming area for those like myself. I set up my site through the online booking and I kind of wish I had not because I had no way of knowing what the sites truly looked like. Some of the sites were very uneven and my site was one of those unfortunately. Because of my late arrival there was no way for me to change this so I had to settle with the site which was a bit less than satisfactory. Had I have been able to find a site a little more level I probably would have given this site a higher rating.

My site was only $15 and came equipped with a fire ring and picnic table which is pretty standard. Nothing to special in way of this but the bath houses were very nice and looked like they had been recently remodeled perhaps.

I enjoyed most the area around the lake which included hiking and swimming on the sandy beach. It looked like they maintain the beach well and there was no loose grass growing in it like there had been at some of the other locations I had visited.

I did notice there was an additional area for camping that had hook ups for RVs for $25 those sites seemed more even than the primitive sites in my area.

TIPS:

• Speak to a real person if booking online to find out the lay of the land.
  • Bring your disc golf frisbees if you play they have a great course here.
  • Check out the marina where they have several different kinds of boats and other water crafts to rent for a very reasonable amount.