The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Eagleville , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Eagleville Camping Reviews
Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Quiet and Friendly

A fantastic family-friendly state campground. Mostly quiet after dark. Neighbors are friendly and welcoming (you’ll find that many visit in groups).

Amenities: Trails are pleasant. Playground is great. Bathrooms are clean but need an update. Not much in terms of wifi or tv if you are looking for that but att and verizon were usable.

Roads feel narrow but we had no problem maneuvering in our 36’ 5er. River sites look great but we booked last minute. Wound up with a corner interior spot (107) that backs to a tent camping area so was fantastic for views, too and this spot was quite spacious.

Location is lovely but is not that close to Nashville if that’s your goal.

Beautiful park, close campsites

Beautiful park with tons to do. Campsites in area 1 were a little close together. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal grill. Bathrooms and showers available close by. Reserve early because it seems the campground is always full. Like most parks/forests, you cannot bring your own fire wood.

Nice but not great

The only thing outstanding about this campground was the wifi - it's the first state park c/g I've been to where the wifi was actually usable. I'm surprised to see others say that the sites were well spaced. The c/g was pretty much full this past weekend when we were there and it was mostly shoulder to shoulder except for the tent area. Like a WalMart parking lot with trees. We were lucky to have a site with some privacy (#62) but it was not level (about a foot off level for our 21' van). The paving for the sites is quite narrow and I don't see how you'd get a big rig on them. But the c/g was quiet considering the crowd and it is a pretty park.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Great State Park close to our house

There are several nice playgrounds, ranger led activities, a nature center that my kids loved, a butterfly garden, several short hikes that are good for kids. There are several sinkholes and cedar glades. There are also some caves you can explore if you want to get muddy. We often go here for day visits, but the overnight amenities are also nice. They no longer have horse stables.

Great Golf Course

I live too close to this State Park to camp here but I do play the golf course. Very nice and expect to see deer and turkey.

In addition there are some good places in nearby Dickson to eat. Tony B’s for burgers, Back Alley for BBQ, Zander’s for Pizza and Katie’s for ice cream.

The bonus is that it is an easy drive to Nashville.

The Queen of Tennessee Parks

The title says it all Nice well kept camp Grounds Restaurant in the park site are level and large

Secluded Site, Easy Hike

Despite this campsite being surrounded by the Green River on 3 sides, water is hard to come by here, and hiking it in may be your best bet. The river is at least 1/2 mile away, through extremely dense brush, and the banks are not easy to access, if accessible at all. We were lucky that a creek just north of the intersection of Buffalo Creek, Sal Hollow, and Turnhole trail had some water to filter from.

This is a nice, secluded spot. You are on the end of a ridge. Clear nights with a bright moon were magical here. It is probably a beautiful spot when there is no foliage, as well. We camped in August.

There is a tent pad, hooks for lanterns or packs, horse hitches, and a fire ring with a grate attached. Hike in is a little over 3 miles, a pleasant hike, but not a whole lot to see in the summer besides a lot of chantrelles.

The Green River Ferry seems to be non-operational a lot. Call the hotline the day of your drive in to see which route you should take: 270-758-2166

We decided to do a day hike on the Sal Hollow Trail. It ended up being pretty exhausting: we believe it is a lot longer than the markers suggest, and a lot of the trail seems pretty unused/not kept up.