No Fires
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Sixmile Camp

Campsites are located along the Wild and Scenic Illinois River. There are 2 covered picnic sites across the road from the camping area. Facilities 4 walk-in campsites with picnic tables, and fire pits No drinking water 2 vault toilets (within walking distance from campsites) No garbage disposal - Please pack it out

National Forest
No Fires
Not Reservable
Sixmile Camp is located in Oregon
Directions
From Selma, OR, off of Highway 199 is the turn for the Illinois River Road (Forest Road 4301).  Take that road approximately 6 miles to the campsites.  Just before the Six Mile Day Use Area you will take the spur road to the right to the parking area for the campsites.
2 Reviews of Sixmile Camp
favorite

by far my favorite place until they commercialized it. it's still a beautiful spot. must see.

Peaceful

My husband and young children (aged 3,2, and 0) stayed at this campground last year on our way to visit the redwoods for spring break. We started later than planned and needed a place to spend the night and stumbled across this gem. So peaceful. There are a small number of campsite with a pay box. We slept right by a creek and that was the only beautiful sound we could hear. No planes, no cars, no other people. It is the closest I have come to backpacking camping while car camping.

Not going to lie, the complete tranquility somewhat ruined the camping by the redwoods since we were right by a busyish road. There were several people the next day in trucks, but in all I didn't see more than five.

Not really a great place for such young children since the river is quite big and swift, but I a few years, I would love to return here.