Mississippi River Headwaters - Cross Lake, OREGON

Camping Oregon Mississippi River Headwaters - Cross Lake

Most Recent Mississippi River Headwaters - Cross Lake Camping Reviews
Loved it.

I really enjoy this campground. Has an actual bathroom, very clean. The Camp host was very nice and had firewood to buy. Our campsite was flat and large, enough room for large tents.

Very nice campground

There is not a sign stating the name of the campground but I have to assume that it is Little Fan Creek. There is one picnic table and multiple fire pits the nicest of the fire pits is next to the site with the picnic table. It looks like someone took a lot of time making it. There is a bathroom but it is not currently serviced. This is a walk in campground. When I arrived there was a lot of paper trash around the site, but I cleaned it up. It was very peaceful with no one else camping there.

The Best

The best in Salem, very clean.

Pretty but:

It’s very pretty by the river but people that are long term have junk in their front yards and the managers allow that! Makes it look junky! Rules aren’t enforced

Ok

Used to be great. Last time we were there it was pretty run down

Peaceful

So relaxing and many swimming holes. Trails to walk and see the waterfalls. Very easy to moderate trails that have been pretty kept up by forestry workers and the community.

Beautiful views

We have gone here twice and each time have done different activities. The last time we brought kayaks and paddled down the curvy stream to the main lake, which was very shallow! The evening air is crisp even in the summer which I enjoy after a long hot day hiking on the many trails in the area. There are a few sites here that I prefer which are the closest to the end of the campground next to the creek. We have not had any fellow campers while we were there but we go in the middle of the week due to the high traffic on the weekends. It is a little bit more open so if you want privacy bring some tapestries. I wouldn't bring a rv or anything, maybe a camper on a pick up truck.

Beautiful late in the season

We went Scott Lake in early October 2019 and had the chance to receive the first snowfall of the season. There are a few spots right along the lake that are pull in for vehicles (a few that you have to hike to the lake but not that far). Farther down the road are hike in spots that we will be going to with family next year. It was peaceful and quiet and we never heard a peep from any of the other campers. The camp sites were super clean and very well laid out. The lake was low so I had to dock my kayak where the channel was between the two main parts of the lake was and explored the rest on foot. My three dogs loved it there and loved swimming in the lake. It was an overall great experience and we will definitely be back again next summer!

Standard KOA

Very standard KOA right off the highway.

Mountains

Every site has a Mountain View. Sites right next to dirt road so it can be pretty dusty.