The best YURTS camping near

28 Reviews1 Campground
Top Yurts Campground near Inola Oklahoma

Most Recent Inola Camping Reviews
Beautiful Falls Great for Family

When traveling through Oklahoma, Natural Falls is a great place to camp. It’s on border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, near Siloam Springs. It’s peaceful. You can take your wheelchair on some of the trails and look at the Falls. There’s a steep hike down to the falls for those who can walk it. The road is paved and each site has cement pad. So if you have a special needs person with you they can get around with no prob. There is also discount for totally disabled people.

There are nice playgrounds, disc golf and trails. Camp in RV or tent. Definitely going back. Been twice already in one summer. (2019)

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Beautiful Falls Great foe Family

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Too crowded for me

The hiking is awesome but the camping not so much. I like to be away from people and these campsites are very close together with no privacy. I prefer to make a day trip when I visit here instead of camp. We drive down early and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary and drive thru in Gentry Arkansas (20 min from Natural Falls) then we go hike the falls. You can’t swim there at all so when we leave the falls we stop down the road at Flint creek and go for a swim. The water is crystal clear and amazing. I’m posting pics of it bc it isn’t even on the map to add a review. You can also camp there but I have not. You have to pay to rent a tube or use the slides but if you walk down beside the fence to the right it’s free 😉

3 Times so far

First time here we stayed in a Yurt. Our group had 3 of the 5 Yurts and they were very well appreciated as the rain swamped some of the tents in our group.

2nd and 3rd trips here we stayed in our TT. Site #21 was awesome with electric, water and sewer hook ups as well as a lot of space all around our site. Site #18 was very cramped and only had electric and water hook ups. Our neighbor's water and electric hookup was literally closer than our picnic table. We walked around and found other sites with more space for next time.

The area is beautiful. Lots of trails, wildlife and a year round waterfall that is fed by a pump from a pond downstream. There is opportunity to fish in the pond. The waterfall is magnificent and can be viewed from an overlook that is easily accessible. The hike to the bottom and back out is moderately strenuous but there are places to take a break as needed.

Great Park! Close Neighbors

Great campsite! Clean with many things to do. As most reviews have mentioned, sites are very close together.

Restrooms were alright. They are shared between RV campground and tent campground. Only two showers and two stalls.

Hikes were great! The waterfall is beautiful, however the park map confused us more than we thought it would. Unsure why it was so difficult to read, but we figured it out!

Beautiful Campground & Waterfall

CLICK HERE for full video

Nestled in the foothills of the Ozarks, Natural Falls State Park boasts a unique beauty which is unmatched through other state parks within Oklahoma. Perhaps best known for its beautiful waterfall, there are many other things to do here that make this a great place to visit during camping season.

I visited during the summer months, it was hot and sticky outside, but slightly overcast making it a perfect day to visit and enjoy the park itself as well as some of the camping options.

Exploring this park is fun as trails wind around and meander through some of the most beautiful areas of Oklahoma. If you are a person who likes mountains more than plains, this area of Oklahoma is one for you as lush tree coverage and rocky crags abound.

The campsites themselves are pretty typical of an Oklahoma campground. 44 RV sites, also which can accommodate tent campers who are in need of power and 17 tent sites are available in addition to yurts they have on property. Yurts are pretty common in many Oklahoma State Parks in this region I have found. The sites are pretty standard with fire rings, picnic tables and some lantern hooks, just the basic ground work laid for you to set up your own unique adventures.

When visiting I noticed that the Yurt section had no visitors during the week day and the campground itself was sparse as well. During the weekends I can imagine this fills up much more as it is a great place to visit.

Visiting is fun with lots to do including the hiking trails however they also have playgrounds, volleyball and disc golf. The one downside for those visiting during the heat of summer however is, unlike many parks in Oklahoma which offer swimming beaches or pools, this park does not have any swimming resources. This was not a deal breaker for me personally but I would think for many it could be.

A few things I noted that apply at the park that could be negatives to visitors passing through. They do currently have a reservation system, this can have both pros and cons. The reservation system is pretty easy to navigate but does state that on weekends you must book for the 2 days of the weekend no exceptions. When visiting the park in person I was told you can also get a site on the day of, however there is no guarantee of sites being available. Unlike many parks which hold a certain number for arrivals they are moving toward a fully online booking system like many other states.

Super clean and chill

Took a detour on our road trip to visit this park. There are tent sites, RV sites, and yurts available. Tent sites don't have electric and approximately half dont have water. Sites are equipped with fire ring, grill, and concrete tables. The park has some fantastic trails, just get someone taller than you walk ahead to clear the spider webs. There are playgrounds, a volleyball net, horseshoe setups, and paved walking paths.

Scenic Trail

I have only tent camped here, so can’t describe the RV sites. Tent campground was nice and close to a bathhouse. There is no pool or swimming in the falls. The trail to the waterfall is cute and the waterfall is pretty!

Beautiful but crowded!!!

I should start by saying we went to the park on Mother’s Day weekend. This may have, and probably did impact the crowd. However, the number of people makes me think it is like this on most weekends. I asked a park ranger and they indicated it’s very busy on the weekend. Due to the parks proximity to AR and OKlahoma (literally almost on the border), it is a high day use park. The actual camping areas are really nice. I’d break it down like this: if I’m a tent, the sites are great all around. If you’ve got a camper like me, the rv sites are real close together. I shared a video explaining my top choice. I’d choose site 4 bc it backs up to the playground, lots of green space around, and short walking distance to bathhouse. If I were going with another family, as my brother and I often do, I’d go with sites 5&6. They are in a corner, also back up to playground, lots of green, and short walking distance from bathhouse. One draw back is there is only one bathhouse for all campers. This is a big drawback for me. With the number of sites and the number of people who visit, this sort of grossed me out just thinking about it. I took pics of the inside of the men’s showers. They looked ok, not great. If you’re counting on using the bathhouse, I don’t know about this park. The pros of the park are many. It’s beautiful. Lots of great trails with a good mix of easy-difficult. The signature water fall trail is beautiful. The park has a disc golf course that’s really nice and well maintained. Lots of picnic tables, grills, etc around. Nice playground, beach volleyball, and horse shoes, all near both the tent and rv sites. There’s also a huge green space/field of sorts for throwing a frisbee, soccer, etc which isn’t altogether common in parks. Overall, it’s a great little park, but I’m giving it 3 stars bc of the sheer volume of people you have to deal with and the bathhouse issue. These issues alone will keep me from ever camping there unless I go during the week.

Nice little park with great hiking

Fairly small state park but they have a lot to do. They have 17 tent sites and about 45 RV sites. There are also nice looking yurts you can tent. Our tent site had a picnic table, lantern hook, charcoal grill and a fire ring. Bathrooms were clean and had flush toilets and a shower.

There are 4.5 miles of great hiking trails at the park. You can find some great hidden spots along the river and enjoy the quiet.

Of course, the best part of the park is the 77 foot tall waterfall. The hike to the bottom is fairly steep but there is a sidewalk that takes you to an overlook at the top.

The park has probably the longest disc golf course I’ve ever seen.

Overall, I highly recommend Natural Falls State Park.